Historical data ,, Import, Export,Merge,Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data ,, Import, Export,Merge,Delete

Under the Tools tab,, Historical data ,, Import, Export,Merge,Delete.. Do these function apply to the data files I record with
    "Run Market ReplayRecorder"
    or something else?

Originally posted by gg80108 View Post
    Under the Tools tab,, Historical data ,, Import, Export,Merge,Delete.. Do these function apply to the data files I record with
    "Run Market ReplayRecorder"
    or something else?
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

No, these apply to the regular historical data in your charts from your data provider.

More information on those features can be found under the Historical Data tab of the Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

No, these apply to the regular historical data in your charts from your data provider.

More information on those features can be found under the Historical Data tab of the Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
      Why would I use the MarketReplay Recorder and get a bunch of individual days as opposed to exporting tic data and reimporting (and having a chance of adding the contracts together)..

Comment

Originally posted by gg80108 View Post
        Why would I use the MarketReplay Recorder and get a bunch of individual days as opposed to exporting tic data and reimporting (and having a chance of adding the contracts together)..
        Market Replay lets you replay data as it happenned in real time and practice trading off of that data.

This is NOT possible with normal historical data.

Market Replay works if you have recorded market replay data. You can enable the recorded by following the instructions below.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        • Go to the "Data" tab
        • Enable "Run market replay recorder"
        • Press the "OK" button
        With the recorder enabled, NinjaTrader will record all level I and level II data while you are connected. This data will then be available to replay at a later date via the menu File > Connect > Market Replay Connection.
        Click here for more information on Market Replay

Comment

Hello RJ

I think I understand your answer regarding Market Replay and historical data, but I just want to be clear. My situation right now is that I have a ton of historical data which is compatible with NT charting. However, I would like to use Market Replay on my historical data. If I understand your answer correctly, I cannot use the historical data that I have with Market Replay. If that is the case, is there any way I can convert my historical data so that I can use Market Replay on them?

Comment

Originally posted by ringleader View Post
            Hello RJ

I think I understand your answer regarding Market Replay and historical data, but I just want to be clear. My situation right now is that I have a ton of historical data which is compatible with NT charting. However, I would like to use Market Replay on my historical data. If I understand your answer correctly, I cannot use the historical data that I have with Market Replay. If that is the case, is there any way I can convert my historical data so that I can use Market Replay on them?
            You are correct in your understanding.

Unfortunately there is no way to convert historical data as Market Replay data is in a different format and requires more information than is available with normal historical data.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

The thing is, I am a newbie at trading and I am trying to learn how to trade as fast as I can, trying to cram as much trading simulation as I can. I have been told that it will take something like 50 months of trading with real time data to be able to trade with any level of competence. With the data that I have I can simulate trading on over 100 products with at least 5 years of historical data each. The best way I can think of doing this (simulated trading) is to use Market Replay for charts on my historical data. But since it is not possible to use Market Replay on historical data, is there any way to use Ninja Trader to achieve my goal of simulated trading using my historical data?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ringleader View Post
                Hello RJ

The million dollar question!!!

Comment

Hi Ringleader,

Unfortunately there is no way to use your historical data with discretionary trading.
                  I suggest to start recording data using the Market Replay function. This way you can go back through the replay data and trade off of it as many times as you like in any timeframe. So you can trade off a 5 min chart, then rewind and trade off of a 15 min chart, etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post funk10101  
                  Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes