NT version 6.5.1000.11 and Futures Betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, this is from you.

In short, you did support this broker, had live clients, and have removed support for them, regardless of what the broker is called.

Based on your reply, no need to argue what the firm is/was called or when that changed, let's focus on what is currently relevant - support has been removed.

Support has been removed, we have no current plans to add it back although it is possible we may consider it at some point in the future.

ProSpreads was going to inform their clients to find an alternate platform when support was pulled and I apologize if you were not made aware of it. If I need to refund you last purchase period because you have lost support, of course I will do that for you. Just send a note to sales-at-ninjatrader-dotcom, attention John, and I will process it.

Again, we do not like to pull broker support but we cannot keep a faulty broker adapter active even if some clients have adapted to it.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

Thanks John. I'm on a lifetime license so don't worry about that. I just wanted to get the facts straight.

regards
      Dave

Comment

Ok Dave, sounds good - JG

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
          There are currently no plans to continue support for ProSpreads and we do not have plans to add another spread betting partner. However, once NT7 is released we will discuss the possibility of re-adding ProSpreads or an alternate spread betting company but there are no guarantees that one will be supported. JG
          Now that NT7 is well established, and ProSpreads have a new FIX API which they're happy for people to connect to, how about revisting this?

Comment

Hello Dave, we do not have any plans to add ProSpreads back as a supported broker partner. We only add 2-3 new broker technologies each year and we have already selected who will be added this year.

Comment

A friendly advice

A friendly advice:

In my view if any of the NinjaTrader decision maker would ever come to UK (London especially) and pick up any newspaper they would know instantly why keeping away from spread betting is not economically sound strategy especially taking into consideration pricing\licensing model of NinjaTrader (a hint: spread betting companies have probably one of the highest influx of new customers as the entry level is possibly the lowest available + NO TAXES paid!)

Comment

Any way we can do this ourselves??

Hello Dave, we do not have any plans to add ProSpreads back as a supported broker partner. We only add 2-3 new broker technologies each year and we have already selected who will be added this year.
                Damn.... any way we can do this our selves, or sponsor having it done??

Comment

Thanks John. Seems a shame since 95% of the API already works.

Comment

Originally posted by vlc View Post
                    Damn.... any way we can do this our selves, or sponsor having it done??
                    PS are happy for anyone to write to their API, and they say that people already do that. I got a copy of their API document and considered doing it myself, but it's really too much work for me, and it's rather ridiculous for each customer to code to their API when a piece of software like Ninja could do it and it would be instantly available to all existing and future Ninja customers.

Comment

Guys, it's not really the matter of API that is stopping NinjaTrader to have spread betting but reluctance of NinjaTrader to offer spread betting.

There is already at least one NT broker (GFT UK) that could provide spread betting as well as forex. And from what I've heard initial test of trading CFDs with NT has been successfull but then the decision was made by NT to provide only access to Forex

The ticket has been raised to provide it but I wouldn't expect it any time soon...

Comment

You're saying that you think all we have to create a connector between ProSpreads and NT is available for us to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by vlc View Post
                          You're saying that you think all we have to create a connector between ProSpreads and NT is available for us to do this?
                          No, I am saying quite the opposite - even if you create the connector it would still have to be accepted by NinjaTrader as supported broker\market... well I woudn't hold my breath

Comment

Originally posted by gregid View Post
                            No, I am saying quite the opposite - even if you create the connector it would still have to be accepted by NinjaTrader as supported broker\market... well I woudn't hold my breath
                            OK, understood. But I suspect that it is also up to ProSpread to express a commitment towards working with NT to make it happen.
                            I also think both parties should find a way make it possible for their user base to contribute to making it happen quickly.
                            Last edited by vlc; 07-21-2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Guys, it's not really the matter of API that is stopping NinjaTrader to have spread betting but reluctance of NinjaTrader to offer spread betting.
                              Do you have anything to back that up? I don't see why Ninja would care as long as the broker is not dodgy. As far as I can tell if the API hadn't had a couple of issues which both parties couldn't manage to get together to sort out it would still be supported now.

Comment

Well, if I was Ninja and someone created a free, reliable and tested connector to a broker they don't support which would instantly give them new clients I would gratefully push it through asap.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn