No Amertirade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Amertirade?

Ive been using Ninjatrader for a couple months and today i just stasrted using Zenfire. For some reason I was able to connect to ameritrade as well. but when I go to the connection wizard Amertirade is not even listed on the pulldown menu...any reason why?

Originally posted by abdo2682 View Post
    Ive been using Ninjatrader for a couple months and today i just stasrted using Zenfire. For some reason I was able to connect to ameritrade as well. but when I go to the connection wizard Amertirade is not even listed on the pulldown menu...any reason why?

Hello abdo2682,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please send me the license key you are presently using within NinjaTader to support at sign ninjatrader dot com Attn: Chris so I may attempt to test on my end.

Your license key can be retrieved by going to the Control Center-->Help-->Licese key

I look forward to assisting you with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any updates on why this is happening?

Comment

Hello abdo2682,

Your license you have entered under Help-->License is set to connect to Zen-Fire, which prevents you from creating a connection to TD AMERITRADE.

The NinjaTrader free license will allow you to create a TD AMERITRADE connection. If you do not have one, please send us an email.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ameritrade AND Zen-Fire Connection

I would like to connect to TD Ameritrade AND Zen-Fire at the same time. Zen-Fire for futures data and Ameritrade for Tick, Trin, and Vix. Is this possible? If so, what are the mechanics? Do I need a special license other than the one I have for the Zen-Fire account?

Comment

Hello TrendTracker,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, this is possible. Essentially, it is just a matter of connecting to both TD Ameritrade and Zen-Fire. For more information about how NinjaTrader handles multiple connections please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

As far as licensing is concerned, to trade in your live account, a multi-broker license would be required. To trade in simulation, the free version of NinjaTrader would meet your needs.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or if we may be of further assistance.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

license key wish list

I generally use IB for data and trading. However certain work on the weekends requires that I switch to my free license key in order to use Ameritrade's data. For the wish list -- I wish there was a radio button option in the license key window to switch from the live trading licence to the free license and back again with one click.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello TrendTracker,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, this is possible. Essentially, it is just a matter of connecting to both TD Ameritrade and Zen-Fire. For more information about how NinjaTrader handles multiple connections please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

As far as licensing is concerned, to trade in your live account, a multi-broker license would be required. To trade in simulation, the free version of NinjaTrader would meet your needs.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks, we'll add your suggestion to the list of future considerations.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes