Downloaded indicator ok but can't see it in the list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded indicator ok but can't see it in the list

I have downloaded an indicator and it apparently imported successfully... according to the pop-up box. BUT I can't see it in the list of indicators when I try to add it to my chart (using the NT supplied indicators works fine).

I have looked at other posts and can't see one that talks about this... I am NOT using a network drive. I did try compiling the file, and then saving, and that didn't work either. When I look at the files in the My documents>NinjaTrader6.5>bin>custom>indicator file, I can see the indicator there, but it doesn't have an "@" symbol preceding it (eg "@MACD.cs"). I tried adding one by renaming the file and that didn't work

Would appreciate any help on this one!

cazjase, welcome to our NinjaTrader support forums! Which indicator did you import? Please open the code and check exactly how the indicator class is named and also if the author have given it perhaps a different display name (would be listed under the class name in the code). Then restart NinjaTrader fresh and recheck if you can locate it.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The indicator would only have @ in front if it were a standard NT indicator (provided with the install).
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Bertrand, thankyou so much. I didn't realise I needed to go into the code and read "Gui.Design.DisplayName" to work out what it would come up with in the menu (the name was quite different).
        It was 1993 when I last studing Engineering Computing 101.... a lifetime ago! Code code code, where would we be without it?
        Thanks also Danny for clearing up my "@" question too.
        Have a great week,
        Caroline

Comment

You're welcome Caroline - great you could track the new indicator down in the list...

Comment

Successful download but not showing

Hello,

I had a custom indicator built for me, It says it has been downloaded with success but when I load a chart and open the indicator list it is not there. It is not under a different name, so Im not sure what to do next.

Please advise.

Thank you

Comment

Maybe not alphabetical

Sometimes indicators are named with leading special characters or a space, which can put them at the beginning of the indicator list, even if the name seems to start with a 'z'. Check your whole list.

Dan
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Did you go into control Center and file->utilities->import Ninja script?

Originally posted by simtrade81 View Post
                Hello,

I had a custom indicator built for me, It says it has been downloaded with success but when I load a chart and open the indicator list it is not there. It is not under a different name, so Im not sure what to do next.

Please advise.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by simtrade81 View Post
                  Hello,

Please advise.

Thank you
                  With the kindly provided pointers were you able to find the study on your platform simtrade81?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes