Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is correct method to apply Fibonacci Drawing tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is correct method to apply Fibonacci Drawing tools?

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the correct method to apply each of the following to a chart so that it indicates the correct Fib point. ie. Click mouse here then here then here sort of instructions as I can't seem to find any useful instructions on how to use them in the Manual.

1. Fib Retracement tool (do I go from end of wick to wick or body to body)
    2. Fib Extension tool (What gives me a short and what gives me a long result. aswell is it wick to wick or body to body?)
    3. Time extension tool. (I have read theories on fib time extension but I can't seem to workout how to use this tool to emulate theories I've read)
    4. Fib circle tool. ( have no idea at all how this is meant to indicate anything )

Sorry if I sound a little dumb here but these tools seems to differ from most other charting tools I've played with them on b4

Cheers

Chris Long

Chris, you can review some of the numerous resources found by a Google search on those topics, some drawing / Fibonacci techniques need a good amount of experience to be used successfully. For retracements, I know many people got better results using the wicks in calculations, but this is of couse also personal preference and style.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

can you tell me how to stop the fib retracement tool from scrolling so fast when trying to attach to second point that it will bring the price way past the range and lock up the chart. is there a way to limit the range

Comment

trader1512, not sure I follow the behavior you see - have you perhaps the 'Snap to OHLC' enabled? Please try unchecking this under 'Drawing Tools' by right clickling in your chart.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TradeSaber  
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes