Suddenly started freezing on start-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly started freezing on start-up

About a week ago NT suddenly started freezing on start-up in XP just when control center is loaded and logo is still there. Just before about to load Default Workspace.
    Nothing helps. Have to kill NT via Task Manager each time and restart it again.
    After that - no problem. Everything is running as it should.

No new software installations were done before that. Uninstalled, reinstalled, and so on.

Any thougts that may help to get out of this situation?

Thanks.

Yes mine to.
    On startup it takes time to be able to move it or maximize or minimize anything.
    Sometimes takes 15 seconds sometimes 2 minutes.
    I even have the default startup workspace completely blank with no charts or anything.

Comment

Hello All,

Thank you for your posts.

1.) Please confirm that you meet or exceed all minimum system requirements listed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ationguide.htm

2.) Please try applying some of the performance tips listed at the following link and let me know if load times improve: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I confirm that the PC exceeds minimum requirements by at least 3x.
        It is not a capacity issue. It was running fine for at least a month (except for freaking pop-ups from time to time from TDA). And suddently, just at the time of loading a Default Workspace it started freezing. If I kill it, and restart, it runs fine again. I just can't figure out what makes it freeze at the time of loading a workspace.
        Database repair, uninstall, reinstall, do not fix the issue. I deleted everything from workspace. Still the same problem.

Forgot to add that this happens only after the reboot of XP. It does not happen if XP is not rebooted, but wakes up from "sleep" or "hybernation". Then NT starts OK.

Do I need to remove the program from the PC and all the traces, and reinstall it fresh again? What are your thoughts?
        Last edited by Frantz; 06-06-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Frantz,

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible that the workspace has become corrupted. Please try the following and let me know if the issue persists.

Close NinjaTrader

Open the folder located at the following path: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Workspaces.

In the workspaces folder, create a new folder and drop the default.xml file in to the new folder, then restart NinjaTrader and let me know if the issue persists.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post sightcareclickhere  
          Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
          9 responses