Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance data mobility

Hi guys

So I've had a fairly good week this week and I have to say the more I learn about the variety of things you can do with Ninja the more I'm really enjoying using it, it does have it's quirks which I'm sure will be ironed out in time but for the most part I have so far managed to find workarounds for all my issues in my 8 weeks of testing.

My question today relates to the account performance data, i have been testing various scenarios and pumping the data into different SIM accounts for separate analysis, comparison etc. I have a requirement though where I now wish to move this data to my other installation on my second machine and continue running my strat testing live next week on my second machine for V1 strats, while I run my V2 upgraded strats on my current box. I would like my live account performance data on V1 of my strats to form a continuous stream from prior weeks with the data they will be collecting next week on my second machine. The primary reason for moving the V1 to the second box is that I imagine trying to run all my V2 and V1 on box one next week will overload it, so continuing with 1 box i don't think is an option.

Any idea how I can do this? Copy some files from within the NT install directory I imagine? I'm not worried about the existing performance data on my second machine so overriding it wont be a problem.

On a side note would be great if in future versions we could export and import account performance data as well as clear the sim accounts based on dates, rather than just clear all, this would help me get rid of days where there has been a hiccup caused by a bug that suddenly appears in live testing and means I don't have to scrap the whole run if I'm already a week in.

Thanks again
    Ross

Ross, great you're enjoying working with NinjaTrader.

Thank you for the suggestions to enhance the account performance export process, I'll forward it.

For now you can use the Backup / Restore feature to move your database to the other machine - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...upArchive.html

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, sorted.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Nyman
      by Nyman