Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how can I make sure recording data is saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can I make sure recording data is saved?

I chose "run market replay recorder" in the options.
    Then I recorded ES data everyday. But after I closed ninjatrader, and open it some time later for practice using market replay connection, I found that sometimes the data was saved but sometimes data was not.

How can I make sure the data is saved? Do I need to click some buttons before closing NT? do I need to close certain windows (like the charts) first, and then the main control window?

Thanks.

Originally posted by leontancfa View Post
    I chose "run market replay recorder" in the options.
    Then I recorded ES data everyday. But after I closed ninjatrader, and open it some time later for practice using market replay connection, I found that sometimes the data was saved but sometimes data was not.

How can I make sure the data is saved? Do I need to click some buttons before closing NT? do I need to close certain windows (like the charts) first, and then the main control window?

Thanks.
    Hello leontancfa,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm you have NinjaTrader open and connected to your data provider when you have Run market replay recorder enabled.

NinjaTrader will only record market data while it is open and connected to your data provider.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello leontancfa,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm you have NinjaTrader open and connected to your data provider when you have Run market replay recorder enabled.

NinjaTrader will only record market data while it is open and connected to your data provider.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

sorry I didn't make it clear. I mean I did have NT open when regular stock trading hours, and regular hours are all I want to record. Then at nights when I want to practice, I found that the regular hours data I was trying to record was not saved.

Comment

Just to make sure, we're a day later now. What are your options now when you try to connect to the Market Replay feature?
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
          Just to make sure, we're a day later now. What are your options now when you try to connect to the Market Replay feature?
          yes. I have Jun 4 data now, starting from 21:03 though. The problem is, sometimes it is recorded, sometimes not, so I want to figure out what I did wrong when not recording. So what windows do I need to open to record ES? chart? superDOM? or both?

Comment

Hi Leon,

Thank you for your reply.

When connected to your data feed, NinjaTrader will record ES data being displayed in either of the windows you've mentioned.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/b/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]I have opened NT with ES charting window since last night. But today I checked and did not see the "20090605" folder created. does it mean the market data showing on the charting window is not being recorded?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi leontancfa,

Please restart NinjaTrader for the folder to be created. Note that for new Market Replay folders to be created, NinjaTrader must be restarted daily.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hi leontancfa,

Please restart NinjaTrader for the folder to be created. Note that for new Market Replay folders to be created, NinjaTrader must be restarted daily.
                  I guess that why sometimes the recorder does not save the data? So to work around this (I think it is bug), should I restart NT at midnight everyday to record all data?

Comment

Originally posted by leontancfa View Post
                    I guess that why sometimes the recorder does not save the data? So to work around this (I think it is bug), should I restart NT at midnight everyday to record all data?
                    Hello leontancfa,

Yes, in order for that days recording folder to show up you will need to restart NinjaTrader.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post SantoshXX  
                    Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes