Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression of the x-axis

Hi,
    I have noticed a significant variability in the extent to which I can compress the x-axis. My mouse is an IntelliMouse Explorer and for whatever reasons, I must left-click and hold to do the 'compression/expansion' thing but I don't think that is of consequence.

For example this AM I have 2 min YM using a Globex (24 hr) time frame, with a half dozen 'horizontal lines', 4 EMA's and a modest number of channels drawn using 'Pepe's Channel Tool'. I have 'optimized' my performance to use the minimum number of options. These things being so, I can 'squeeze' only 40 hours or so with the compression procedure (the blue horizontal scroll bar is about 1/5 of its maximum length). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

lj

Originally posted by ljyoung View Post
    Hi,
    I have noticed a significant variability in the extent to which I can compress the x-axis. My mouse is an IntelliMouse Explorer and for whatever reasons, I must left-click and hold to do the 'compression/expansion' thing but I don't think that is of consequence.

For example this AM I have 2 min YM using a Globex (24 hr) time frame, with a half dozen 'horizontal lines', 4 EMA's and a modest number of channels drawn using 'Pepe's Channel Tool'. I have 'optimized' my performance to use the minimum number of options. These things being so, I can 'squeeze' only 40 hours or so with the compression procedure (the blue horizontal scroll bar is about 1/5 of its maximum length). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

lj
    Sorry. Forgot to mention I have a dual core machine with lots of disk space and 4 gigs of RAM. CPU was running at 30-35% when the compression was done.

lj

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please open a NEW chart with NO indicators or drawing objects.

Test the compression and compare it to your regular chart.

Do they differ in amount of compression?
      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please open a NEW chart with NO indicators or drawing objects.

Test the compression and compare it to your regular chart.

Do they differ in amount of compression?
        Done. The extent of compression is almost identical for a YM 2 min, Globex (24 hour) time frame and no indicators, extra horizontal lines or channels.

lj

Comment

Originally posted by ljyoung View Post
          Done. The extent of compression is almost identical for a YM 2 min, Globex (24 hour) time frame and no indicators, extra horizontal lines or channels.

lj
          If they are the same, you are most likely seeing just the limits of the compression as it will stop at a point.
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Kaledus
          by Kaledus

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          5 responses