Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screening EOD equities

Hi
    I just downloaded NT yesterday and it seems like a great software. I use Interactive Brokers for my futures and FX feeds. However, I want to use Yahoo for EOD equities, as IB seems to be limiting the number of instruments that you can download the data for. I followed the instructions in the help menu and set-up a feed for Yahoo. However, when I turn off the IB feed (so that it can connect to Yahoo), it doesn't seem to be able to download any data. I am basically trying to create Market Analyzers where I can display EOD price (i.e. close) as well as levels of certain indicators (say MACD), but I don't seem to be able to get any data from Yahoo. Do I need to do anything extra before I can start downloading data from Yahoo?
    Thank you very much for your help :-)

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Try disconnecting from all connections and connect to Yahoo only. Then bring up a daily chart of a stock to test.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.
      I restarted NT and connected just to Yahoo. I tried to open a chart, and it works fine which means I AM getting the Yahoo feed. Then I created the Analyzer where I specified getting just the Last Close and the value of an indicator for the Nasdaq 100 stocks. I can see all the last closes now, but it says "Loading Data" and all the Indicator fields are blank, and the "loading data" prompt is stuck at the first stock (AAPL) for the last 20 minutes. Would you be able to tell me what I am doing wrong?
      Thank you very much once again!

Comment

I beleive there is a limit to the number of instruments you can request at one time from Yahoo.

Try adding less instruments at a time.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by halgo_boulder, 04-20-2024, 08:44 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post halgo_boulder  
        Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
        19 responses