Historical data missing from automated chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data missing from automated chart

I have connected TradeStation and have applied my strategy to a EURUSD 30 minute chart. The strategy name is listed on the chart and there are two bars showing. Apparently, historical data is missing. Also, the height of the two bars fills the entire chart from top to bottom.

How can I add historical data?

How can I compress the vertical size of the bars?

skat100, please use this link's info to import historical data from TradeStation - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ownloader.html

To change the Y axis scale, just drag it with the mouse and move it.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Historical Data

I followed all the "Import Historical Data from TradeStation" directions to the end but can find no historical data. It's not on the chart.

How can I trace what happened?

Comment

Try exporting the data for the symbol under Tools > Historical Data > Export - this way you can verify it imported well. For which symbol did you try this process? Did you spot any errors in the Log tab?

Comment

Historical Data

The symbol is EURUSD. I tried to export as you suggested but the symbol doesn't show up and the chart is not updating, although it indicates that the strategy is applied.

I have tried to duplicate the entire process of importing from TradeStation but the very first step: Connect to the "External Data Feed Connection" can't be done because External Data Feed Connection is greyed out.

Comment

Log Message

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Try exporting the data for the symbol under Tools > Historical Data > Export - this way you can verify it imported well. For which symbol did you try this process? Did you spot any errors in the Log tab?
            Response #2: The log tab shows:

Starting NinjaScript strategy “LinRegX/5d28177407cal5aa69358f236875249b” On starting a real=time strategy** StrategySync=SubmitLive EntryHandling=AllEntries

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Getting realtime and historical data are two separate steps. First of all please only connect to the External Feed in NinjaTrader and then insert the External Feed TS strategy on the EURUSD chart there and make sure the status is turned on. Then check your NinjaTrader Control Center if you can receive realtime data for the EURUSD. For the historical data import, please make sure you export the data from a 1 min chart in TS - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ownloader.html

Comment

Open old chart

Thanks for your help.

I am now trying to get back to the chart I had that contained my strategy and seemed to be updating prices but was not showing strategy trades. Do I have to open a new chart? I don't seem to find any way to access my existing chart.

Comment

You should be able to see strategy trades on a chart if you add the strategy directly onto the chart provided the Chart Properties' "Trade Visualization" is not set to "DoNotPlot".
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trade Execution Lines

Thanks for your help.

I now have the chart open and it shows trades but does not show the execution lines colored for profitable or losing. In Properties, execution lines are set to be shown.

Comment

skat100,

Is this a chart that has the strategy running on it or is it just another chart of the same instrument? If the latter, it will not have the lines.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post adeelshahzad  
                      Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                      10 responses
                      1 like