Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I reload historical data in the DB...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,
    how do i upload all the historical data? i have real time connection with barchart.com.
    also i cannot seem to find MW (mgex hard red spring wheat) under instrument manager.
    Please help.
    thanks
    pam

Comment

Pam, historical data would not need to be downloadd in an extra step - if you create a chart and NT would not hold data in it's local database for the symbol requested > then it would attempt to request the data from the connected provider, in your case BarChart.

The KW and SW symbols would be presetup, but no the MW you would desire from the MGEX.

This could be custom setup with those steps though :

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Bertrand....how do I pull historical data beyond the life of the nearest contract? i suppose i need to analyze "continuous" contract instead? how do i pull this in data manager and/or chart option?

QUOTE=NinjaTrader_Bertrand;315790]Pam, historical data would not need to be downloadd in an extra step - if you create a chart and NT would not hold data in it's local database for the symbol requested > then it would attempt to request the data from the connected provider, in your case BarChart.

The KW and SW symbols would be presetup, but no the MW you would desire from the MGEX.

This could be custom setup with those steps though :

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...e_database.htm[/QUOTE]

Comment

Pam, per default NT would build continuous contracts for you, if you request data over the contract boundaries > it would merge past data into the front month. Dates on which contracts would be rolled could be viewed under Tools > Instrument Manager for each master instrument.

As alternative provider native continunous contracts could be accessed via the ##-## expiry on your charts (so those would not be build by NT, but directly by your data provider).
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by nleitman, Yesterday, 11:46 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post nleitman  
          Started by MSerag, Yesterday, 11:52 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes