Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop limit order and Stop Market Order...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop limit order and Stop Market Order...

I am wanting to know the difference between the two. SLM and STP. I know that if you have a Sell order on ES entered at 816.00 and you want to manually enter a stop on the "Dom/Ladder" for 817.50 you would hold the Control button and click the "Scroll wheel" at the price for 817.50 in the "Buy" column.

Now I believe that puts a Stop Market Order or a STP in that column for 817.50. Does that specifically mean that if the price goes against your order and hits 817.50 your position will be closed out?

What difference would that be versus just clicking the "Scroll wheel" and getting a Stop Limit Order?

I could not find any video that "Specifically" tells me what they mean and what the difference would be in using them.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Fritztx View Post
    I am wanting to know the difference between the two. SLM and STP. I know that if you have a Sell order on ES entered at 816.00 and you want to manually enter a stop on the "Dom/Ladder" for 817.50 you would hold the Control button and click the "Scroll wheel" at the price for 817.50 in the "Buy" column.

Now I believe that puts a Stop Market Order or a STP in that column for 817.50. Does that specifically mean that if the price goes against your order and hits 817.50 your position will be closed out?

What difference would that be versus just clicking the "Scroll wheel" and getting a Stop Limit Order?

I could not find any video that "Specifically" tells me what they mean and what the difference would be in using them.

Thanks.

Hello Fritztx,

Thank you for your post.

To submit a Stop Limit Order this will be done using the Middle Mouse Button (scroll wheel). A Stop Limit Order will be indicated in the SuperDOM with SLM which will execute the order at this specific price.

To submit a Stop Market Order you will want to use Cntrl+Middle Mouse Button. A Stop Market Order will be indicated in the SuperDOM with STP which will submit a Market Order once this price has been traded at.

I have included a link to our Help Guide that goes over Submitting Orders within the SuperDOM.

Yes, if you have a Stop Market Order pending at 817.50 to protect your Short Postion once a trade has been executed at this price your order will be submitted to market.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

STP order

Hi
      Regarding the Stop Market Order(STP):

Could you please advise whether or not this order is on our Super Dom on our own computer, or has it been placed at the broker.

This will clear up whether or not I am protected should my connection be lost.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Please review this link and let us know if you have more questions:
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ben

I am with Zen-Fire. Hence am I correct to assume that my STP is at the exchange.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin