NT lagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT lagging

This is a recurring problem, and I've noticed from checking the forum that others have it as well. NT chart updates will slow down. The mouse starts to drag or exhibit stuttering, jumpy movement. I am aware of the NT recommendations for improving performance. I have latest NT on XP with 2GB RAM (system only using 1.2) & dual Crossfired HD4850 graphics cards driving one display.

My main concern is that the system is a quad-core Intel Q9550 (2.83GHz, 12M cache) yet NT refuses to use more than 25% (~1 core only!). How can I get NT to use more CPU when it obviously NEEDS it ?! The system is dedicated to Trading during Market hours. email & web attach is on another system.

Why won't NT use more CPU when it needs to do so, and how this be corrected?

Hi Lost Trader, NinjaTrader 6.5 supports multicore architectures but is not specifically optimized in this regard, as such it's using the thread management / balancing functions from Windows.

NinjaTrader 7 will be fully optimized for multicore machines and also add the support for 64 bit operating system, thus we expect considerable performance increases with it's arrival.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by janefoster, Yesterday, 11:50 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post janefoster  
    Started by kaywai, 07-13-2024, 09:05 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes