set up Gain demo data feed on Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
    Did you remove and add the modified instrument to your instrument list in the Instrument Manager?

When you traded the same instrument using an increased point value by 5 zero's, it did not deduct the cash value differently than before?
    I simply found gbpusd in that list, edit and added those values like you told me to.

I think it moved . one step to the left, thats it. Still, those values are wrong.

Comment

I talked to another trader who have NT facing the same problem as I. So everyone who installs NT and want to demo, will (as I see it) run into this problem. Is this a huge slip from NT ?

I have spent hours on this quite ridiculous problem and I hope you guys agree on the term.

Comment

Unfortunately you will need to test yourself and check what values work best for you. The sim101 account settings are a grey area of the software.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Unfortunately you will need to test yourself and check what values work best for you. The sim101 account settings are a grey area of the software.
          Grey areas? It doesn't work at all! And as far as I understand almost every NT user have this problem. I'm astonished by this problem and how easily you guys take it.

NT have a limit on numbers of zero's allowed on instrument tab. I cannot add 5 zeros on gbpusd, I can only add two.

So I guess there is nothing more I can do than change back to my old platform?

Regards
          Last edited by aediaz1; 05-22-2009, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately it seems it is not possible to use the workaround by modifying the point value to reflect cash value deductions as you expect as per the GBPUSD.

Are you unable to submit orders to the sim101 account at all, since you state it does not work at all?

You can also generate performance reports under the Account performance-tab to analyze your simulation trading by clicking the Advanced-button and enabling the sim101 account only. Subsequently generate a new report.

Comment

Data feed from Gains Capital

I understand that Gain Capital data feed is FREE and comes with NINJA Trader. How do I turn it on or install it?
              Last edited by gator-trader; 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Hello gator-trader,

You can create a Gain demo connection for free to receive real-time and historical forex data under 'Connect to the Free Real-Time Simulation Account' at the link below.

Comment

Dear NT,
                  I tried to connect GAIN.COM server, but the problem is limited number of bars in the chart. I set 500 bars in chart setting but the chart only print bar from sunday opening.. I need to more historical bars..
                  please advice.
                  thank you.

Comment

Hello kissaki,

Thank you for your post.

Gain provides historical data in tick and minute intervals 24 hours back only.
                    If more data is required, you will need to connect to a different provider.

For a complete listing of the types of data each provider offers, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Metatrader data can be imported into Ninja trader to give some history.

Depending on the pairs you require you can also go to Fin Rus export page and download a lot of history for some pairs.

A third alternative is to use 1440 minute bars in Ninja trader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post lightsun47  
                      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post 00nevest