Esignal vs Barchart vs IQFeed speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esignal vs Barchart vs IQFeed speed

I need tick data for stocks. I am now testing the eSignal 30 day trial. Although streaming tick data seems ok, historical tick data takes forever to load !!! So, I am thinking if I should try some other data provider. Does anyone have any speed comparisons, feedback or recommendations between eSignal, Barchart.com, and IQFeed?

Thanks

Originally posted by monpere View Post
    I need tick data for stocks. I am now testing the eSignal 30 day trial. Although streaming tick data seems ok, historical tick data takes forever to load !!! So, I am thinking if I should try some other data provider. Does anyone have any speed comparisons, feedback or recommendations between eSignal, Barchart.com, and IQFeed?

Thanks
    i am searching the same things,

how many years of historical TICK data esignal dives to you? and the others datafeed?

Comment

the more the bars, the more the time it will take. esignal provides tick level data. so there is more data and more time will be needed to take. the same with dtniq.
      try ib. it provides 1 sec resolution and will have lesser data to load.

Comment

Originally posted by junkone View Post
        the more the bars, the more the time it will take. esignal provides tick level data. so there is more data and more time will be needed to take. the same with dtniq.
        try ib. it provides 1 sec resolution and will have lesser data to load.
        Yes. I know the more data you are asking for, the more time it will take. Comparatively speaking. loading 1000 bars of a IWM 100 Tick chart using eSignal, will take 100 times longer to load then 1000 bars of a TF 100 Tick chart on ZenFire. I do not subscribe to Futures data with eSignal, so I cannot compare ZenFire TF directly to eSignal TF, but I find eSignal ridiculously slow!

Has anyone compared load times of the exact same chart between eSignal and Barchart.com or IQFeed?

Thanks

Comment

Has anyone compared the streaming data between esignal and kinetick? As a reference, I would consider das and tradestation streaming data as "fast". Been using kinetick with NJ and it's nowhere near the same speed. Not sure if that's kinetick's bandwidth or NJs platform limitation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920