TradeStation reentrancy BUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation reentrancy BUG

As of TradeStation 8.4, when you first start up TradeStation and it begins the NTDataDownload and NTEnternalFeed Strategies, TradeStation pops up an error or Event "A reentrancy issue has been detected. This issue may result in unexpected behavior". I believe this is a bug that TradeStation introduced when they did the "upgrade" to 8.4 and it was passed to 8.5 and 8.6. Users of the NinjaTrader Strategies are not the only ones having this problem.

For more information and history take a look at my reply in this thread:

In dealing with TradeStation support a Senior EasyLanguage Engineer replied:
    "In order to be compatible with TradeStation, your DLL should not attempt to do any of the following things, which can interrupt EasyLanguage processing and cause errors:
    1) Attempt to display dialog or message boxes
    2) Attempt to make calls to out-of-process COM objects
    3) Attempt to make calls to Yield()"

Can anyone comment on the above requirements especially number 2? Are the DLL's that NTDataDownload and NTExternalFeed call compliant with TradeStations requirements above?

Did some more research

I did a test to narrow down the problem. It looks like the Strategy that causes the Event is NTExternalFeed. Looking at the EasyLanguage file for NTExternalFeed there is a DLL definition for "NtDirect.dll". Can can anyone comment if NtDirect.dll is compliant with TradeStations requirements as listed in the post above?

Comment

1) NT would not issue any message boxes unless
      - you called Connected() with parameter 1: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...unctions2.html or
      - COM initialization fails
      2) NT uses in-proc COM (CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER)
      3) NT does not call Yield

Comment

As I thought the problem is...

Most likely a result of the TradeStation "upgrade".

Is there any chance you could get me a stripped down version of the NtDirect.dll (with only the part that NTExternalFeed uses) that I could then show to the TradeStation EasyLanguage engineers to help them track down their bug?

If you are interested in contacting TradeStation, the engineer that seems to be working with people in the forums is John Bruch.

Comment

There is no need for a "stripped down" version, since any NTDirect.dll method needs the same COM setup etc. If you could establish a point of contact at TS, then this person should contact me at "dierk [dot] droth [at] ninjatrader [dot] com" for follow up. Thanks in advance

Comment

@ cborjon: Hmm .. after reading some TS forum threads I'm actually suspicious about something. Would you be willing to try a custom build of the NTDirect.dll in order to isolate the cause of trouble? If so, then please send me a mail to the email address below. Thanks

Comment

I believe we isolated the cause of trouble and applied a code change to reflect the recent TS logic changes. Please:
              - uninstall NT6.5 via control panel
              - clear your browser cache
              - install latest custom build from here: www.ninjatrader-support.com/ninjatrader/nt6.5.custom/NinjaTrader.Install.msi

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                Please let us know how it goes. Thanks
                I just want to jump into this converstion as I've just had the same issue......... and your fix has worked a treat!

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

"I believe we isolated the cause of trouble and applied a code change to reflect the recent TS logic changes. Please:
                    - uninstall NT6.5 via control panel
                    - clear your browser cache
                    - install latest custom build from here: www.ninjatrader-support.com/ninjatrader/nt6.5.custom/NinjaTrader.Install.msi"
                    Can you tell me what version of NT fixed this issue?
                    what was it exactly that TS did to cause this?
                    The reason I ask is lots of TS users have this issue with non ninja code & dll's
                    Ts dont have a clue after all these months.
                    will the nt fix also fix the reentrancy issue with VALUE50=Command("Place",account,ContractName,"BUY" ,.......

Comment

The issue will be fixed by the link to the custom build I provided below.

Comment

I still have the reentrcy issue with
                        VALUE50=Command("Place",account,ContractName,"BUY" ,..
                        have installed the new custom build of NT

Comment

Sorry, I would not know what causes that.

Comment

Hi - Did NT version 6.5.1000.9 resolve this issue? The link to the amended version is dead. (http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...er.Install.msi)

I'm currently running NT 6.5.1000.9 (Mirus/Zen-Fire), and am submitting orders from TradeStation version 8.6 (build 2612) via the NTCommand (PLACE) function in the DLL.

The orders are getting placed in the Ninja DOM, however I'm getting the "reentrancy" error message back in TradeStation. New orders will get placed in Ninja according to my TS strategy, but the TS error keeps appearing.

Any suggestions, since it looks like the link to the Ninja fix was only temporary?

Thanks,
                            Stephen

Comment

Stephen, thanks for the post - to resolve this please ensure you're on the latest 6.5.1000.14 production release from us, you can upgrade via Help ?> Download Site in the software. If you're already enabled for it from TS, please also upgrade to 8.6 2696.
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes