Live Trading Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Trading Issues

Hi, I encountered the following problems during live trading, can anybody help?
    1. My entry was for $20,000 worth of a security, but it entered $40,000 instead.
    2. I was short a security and got filled at $10.40, but on the chart it showed the fill at $10.20.
    Also, can someone help with the following questions?
    1. On my strategies, I was not suppose to exit my long positions yet, but I manually exit the position on the brokerage account. If my exit gets triggered in the strategy but I have already exit, will it result in a short position?
    2. If I start the strategy in the middle of a trading session and the strategy already have a long position but the account has not entered this position yet, what should I do to get the stategy to start from flat?
    3. Also, if the strategy needs to exit the position, but I got no position in account, what will happen?

Hello tjendra,

Can you please check the order quantity you used at the Orders-tab or Execution-tab.

1. If your exit is still active after manually closing the position via your broker, it will put you in a short position if it executes.

2. Please see the link below regarding the difference between a strategy position and account position.

3. You will be put in a position in your account, while the strategy most likely will report you flat.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello tjendra,

Can you please check the order quantity you used at the Orders-tab or Execution-tab.

1. If your exit is still active after manually closing the position via your broker, it will put you in a short position if it executes.

2. Please see the link below regarding the difference between a strategy position and account position.

3. You will be put in a position in your account, while the strategy most likely will report you flat.
      I check the Orders Tab and it shown 2 Buy to Close order when I only have 1 Sell Short order. Then the strategy reverse and it bought an extra order of the security resulting in the position being doubled the original intented amount.

If I use the Position.MarketPosition function to check the current position, does it report the strategy position or the account position?

Also, why is the fill shown differently on the chart than versus the actual fill done?

Comment

Could it be the moment you experienced a reversal that perhaps both the stop loss and profit target were filled the same second? Can you please send me your log and trace file for the date of occurrence. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090423 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090423 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

In addition, please let me know what time you experienced the reversal.
        Position.MarketPosition refers to strategy position.

I am not sure why the chart list the execution price different. What price is listed in the Execution-tab? Please let me know the time of execution for this order as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there anyway to get around this 2 problems:
          1. On my strategies, I was not suppose to exit my long positions yet, but I manually exit the position on the brokerage account. If my exit gets triggered in the strategy but I have already exit, what should I do so that the strategy does not execute the exit order or else it will cause my position to be short rather than flat?
          2. If I start the strategy in the middle of a trading session and the strategy already have a long position but the account has not entered this position yet, what should I do to get the stategy to start from flat?

Comment

1. There is nothing that you can do. If you manually make a trade to your brokerage account your strategy is no longer in sync and you should not continue to run it until you bring your account position back in sync with your strategy position.

2. You can go to Tools->Options->Strategies->NinjaScript->select "Wait until flat". The strategy will not make any trades until it reaches or crosses a flat state. This reaching of flat from the strategy will bring you in line with the account position and then you will be in sync.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Yasharandom, Today, 07:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Yasharandom  
            Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes