Open positions when closing application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open positions when closing application

I get an window pop up which say that I have open positions which are still running when I was closing the application. But I have stop all my strategies already and all my strategies are suppose to exit on close. Not sure why this happen? I just bought the license and will be trading live soon, hope this doesn't affect the running of the strategies.

Hi tjendra, are you sure you were starting your strategies properly synched up? To exit those remaining positions you could go to the File menu and select 'Flatten everything'.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi tjendra, are you sure you were starting your strategies properly synched up? To exit those remaining positions you could go to the File menu and select 'Flatten everything'.
      I dont think that is an issue since I haven't trade live at all and has been running in simulation mode? Also, I have tried to 'Flatten everything', it put an order, but it doesn't get executed. In simulation mode, shouldn't all orders be close once u stop the strategies anyway?

Comment

If you run this is sim mode, it would concern your Sim101 account - were you still connected live as you were try to 'flatten' positions?

Comment

If you run this is sim mode, it would concern your Sim101 account - were you still connected live as you were try to 'flatten' positions?
          I was still connected live. But it is already after trading hours and I have stopped all strategies? But I load my strategies using the charts and my charts were still open even after I stop my strategies... The number of open positions was equal to the number of charts I have run the strategies on.

I open my NinjaTrader again just now, I haven't even started any strategies, but there are already open positions on the Sim101 account? Why is that so?
          Last edited by tjendra; 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

This points to a synching issue, please retry with a flat account position and start your strategies. Then check if the strategies are not flat which historical position they carry and synch the Sim101 account up with a manual order. Here's a good link about this topic - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html

Comment

This points to a synching issue, please retry with a flat account position and start your strategies. Then check if the strategies are not flat which historical position they carry and synch the Sim101 account up with a manual order. Here's a good link about this topic - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html
              I tried to use Flatten Everything to close all the historical positions. But one of the positions didn't exit. I right click and choose close position but it didn't work as well... Under the Order Tab, it showed the state as "Initialized". But since I use Flatten Everything, a market order should be used to exit, not sure why it doesn't exit?

Also, I notice the position tab in NinjaTrader actually sync to and show all my opened position in my brokerage account and not just the strategies positions? If I use Flatten Everything while not in Global Simulation Mode, would all the open positions in my brokerage account get exited as well?
              Last edited by tjendra; 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM.

Comment

True, if you're trading live and use the 'flatten everything' command it closes all open positions and orders.

Your issue sounds like a stuck simulator order, please go to Tools > Options > Simulator > Misc and Reset it.

Comment

True, if you're trading live and use the 'flatten everything' command it closes all open positions and orders.

Your issue sounds like a stuck simulator order, please go to Tools > Options > Simulator > Misc and Reset it.
                  Thanks Bertrand, the reset function solved the problem...

Just to confirm that if you are in Global Simulation Mode, then the 'flatten everything' command would only close the positions in the Sim101 account and not those in the brokerage account as well.

Comment

Correct in 'Global Simulation Mode' there's no access to a live account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                    45 responses
                    3 likes
                    Last Post johntraderuser2  
                    Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes