Charts not up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not up

Hello, I have about 10 charts running each with 2 to 5 indicators .
    First of all it seems NT is very slow when I click on a chart or want to open up properties or do some other task ... the response is many seconds late.
    Also some charts don't update but once I click on the chart it starts to update.
    My CPU usage is between 45 to 50% and I have already checked off everything in tools/options/misc section.
    Trading is almost impossible in this situation .Can you tell me what can be done?

Hello yellowTrader,

Am I correct you have a duo core processor?

What setting is used for 'Calculate on bar close' for all your indicators? I suggest to set it to True for all your indicators. When set to False the indicator is calculated on each incoming tick (CPU intensive), when set to True the indicator is calculated on the close of the bar.

In addition, please see the following link for more tips to improve the performance of NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, Duo core 3.0

The indicators will be useless if they are not set to "calculate on bar close" . I need them live.
      Remember my CPU usage is only at 50% and other applications are running fine. Only NT is a bit sticky and slow.
      For a smooth running NT , What kind of CPU and RAM is recommended?

Comment

Hello yellowTrader,

NinjaTrader 6.5 supports multi-core/multi-processor hardware. NinjaTrader internally supports multiple threads of executions which would be run by the Windows OS on different cores/processor. However, NinjaTrader 6.5 is not optimized to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware. This means NinjaTrader currently cannot make use of 100% of your CPU; it seems around 50% is the maximum.

NinjaTrader 7 will come with optimized multi core/multi-processor support. This e.g. would allow you to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware.

I suggest to reduce the amount of indicators in your chart if you need them live. Performance will improve when set to True.

Comment

NT7 is supposed to come out some time in the 2nd quarter. right?
          It is 2nd quarter already. Can you tell me when exactly it is coming out?

Comment

Its beta version is expected to be released this quarter. Unfortunately there is no exact ETA yet.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mintos, 04-02-2024, 08:22 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post mintos
            by mintos

Started by Felix Reichert, 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM
            10 responses