Smoothed heikinashi trades logics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoothed heikinashi trades logics

Hi, I would like someone to teach me how to build a strategy for smoothed hekin ashi trades. http://gaitameotoko.up.seesaa.net/im...0ashi20smo.gif

Basically, I would like two patterns

1. make buy/sell entry if the color of the current candle stick changes from the previous candle stick (i.e. if the previous candle stick was red (down), and the current closed one is blue (up), make a buy entry. The other way around for a short entry)

2. make buy/sell entry ONLY after certain number of blue/red candle sticks in row. This is based on the idea that if there were say 20 red (down) candle sticks in row, once one blue candle stick appears, it is more likely that the down trend is turning to up trend. Could someone teach me how to place such condition on the strategy analyzer?

Exit for both patterns would be when the color of the current candle stick changes from the previous candle stick (i.e. for buy position, blue to red)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Akihiro

Hello Akihiro,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this is not possible with the Heikin Ashi Smoothed in the Strategy Wizard as it plots drawing objects and more advanced programming is needed:

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.
    Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.
    Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thank you very much. Can I just ask another quick question? I am sorry for basic questions, but how can I run strategy analyzer for daily data?

1. It seems I can't load daily data on NT6.5 and run my strategy using daily candle sticks.

2. Is there any free source for historical data? I want to backtest for at least a few years using daily sticks.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Comment

Akihiro,

There is another version of Heikin Ashi developed by roonius which can be used in strategies. There is also a sample strategy as well. Check the thread:

Comment

Akihiro,
          Also, as I just now discovered in another thread, roonius may probably develop the smoothed heiken ashi that you are after, after a request in here:

Comment

Hi hanoakihiro, for free daily equities data to backtest, you can use the Yahoo connection - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_Yahoo.htm
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Balage0922  
            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes