automated trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automated trading

Hi all. Im planning to subscribe for Ninja service and I have just one question for you guys. At present time I trade futures with Infinity Futures and I use automated system based on Sierra Charts. Im planning to move my account from Infinity to futuresbetting.com,same idea but no commisions. Unfortunately they support only Ninja for automated trading. After contacting Sierra admin. they tolled me--- I can send the signals to Ninja through a text file.
    I wonder if it works ??? and IF does would it slow down order processing ,get late feels ????
    Thanks
    Vitali.

Hi, welcome to our support forums! Yes, you can use OIF Files for automatic signal execution in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nFilesOIF.html

You will have to test this for your system, but the processing is instantly done the moment the files are writtten and saved to your harddisk, so you should get good fills.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Stop Loss and Take Profit

How do I set the Stop Loss and Take Profit on a Market Order in a OIF? The help shows me that I have optional parameters for [LIMIT PRICE] and [STOP PRICE]. Is this where I would set the values?

Comment

RobWalker, welcome to our forums - best would be to use the PLACE command and then call an ATM strategy template to place your OCO stop and target - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nFilesOIF.html
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Would the ATM override the quantity that I have specified in the OIF? I'm trying to make the quantity dynamic rather than static to a template.

Comment

What is sent by the OIF is what will occur. You will want to have an ATM strategy template that matches what your OIF is sending as your entry.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So just to confirm, if the OIF has a quantity of 2 and the ATM Strategy has a quantity of 1, which quantity would be used?

Comment

RobWalker,

I think we have a misunderstanding. The ATM strategy called does not have a quantity for the entry. You send in an OIF for the entry quantity. If your entry was 2, but your ATM strategy only has rules defined out for 1, well you would have an extra 1 position at the end of the ATM.

Comment

So only half my position would be covered with a Stop Loss and Take Profit? If my entry was 1 and the ATM strategy has a quantity of 2 would I get the Stop Loss and Take Profit for the full position?

Comment

RobWalker,

Okay. It is easiest if you just try this and experiment with the behavior so you can see exactly what it does. Open up your NinjaTrader and connect to the Simulated Data Feed. Then just open up a chart and use the Chart Trader. Place a trade while attaching an ATM strategy that uses quantities not matched to the order. You will see that the ATM strategy's orders automatically adjusts the first stop/target quantity to address the mismatch.

Comment

Thanks very much - I'm still finding my way around and the platform is all very new to me. One final question....does the ATM send the Stop Loss and the Take Profit to the broker's server so that the instruction is with the Broker? My concern is that if NT stops running on the client side machine for some reason, the Broker will not have the Stop Loss and Take Profit instructions?

Comment

RobWalker,

This would depend on your brokerage. Now, any advanced stop strategy will for sure not be at the brokerage, but for the orders themself you will want to see this article: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Bidder
                        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                        4 responses