Collapse

Just took 1st day of Ninja Script Strategy Development and have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just took 1st day of Ninja Script Strategy Development and have some questions

Hi,
    I am trying to build my strategy one element at a time and get it to appear on a Yahoo EURUSD chart but am not being successful.
    I have a simple Reg Osc 10 crossing down Reg Osc 35 and want a visual created on the Yahoo 5 min chart but am getting nothing.
    Can someone please write down the exact steps I need to take to do this.
    Thank you,
    Rachel

Hello,

What is "Reg Osc 10 crossing down Reg Osc 35"?

Also, what do you mean by visually display in on the chart?

Please be very detailed about what you want and provide us with a screen shot of your actions and condition windows so we can assist.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

refining what I need

Hi,
      OK, I figured out how to get my Script onto a Yahoo chart but this is what I need help with:
      1. I want to get a signal when let's say a SMA 8 is starting to go lower or is falling. What are the steps I need to take?
      2. I want the script to function at a certain time. From 12:30AM to 3AM and from 5:00AM to 11:00AM EST. I am not doing something right, keep getting no results.
      3. When I post the script on a Yahoo chart, I get a message saying something about how it is configured to initiate a trade but it won't have confirmation. I don't want it to trade in real time, I just want images on the chart for now, as I am building it. I haven't put in any sell of buy action steps yet. My concern is, it won't start trading, until I put in those?
      4. I have just been working on configuring the short signals and when I went and copied those steps and posted them on the 2nd page and versed those signals to get long entries, I got the long set ups but lost the short signals.
      What do I need to do, so I can have both? At this point, I haven't put in any action steps other than drawing images and getting a sound alert for those short set ups. When I removed the long action steps, the shorts came back on the chart? What do I need to do, to have them both appear?
      Thank you and your help will be greatly appreciated,
      Rachel

Comment

Hi Rachel,

1. In the Strategy Wizard, you want to go to the Condition Builder in the Conditions & Actions page. From there you want to do this on each side.
        Left: Select Misc->Falling->change the "Input series" parameter to SMA8.
        Right: Select Misc->True
        Middle: Select ==

2. If you are using Yahoo data I do not believe you will receive intraday data. This could be a reason as to why it may not seem to work. As far as the Condition Builder, you will want to create a time filter.

Left: Select Time-> Time series
        Right: Select Time -> Time value and type in the beginning of your time range
        Middle: Select > or maybe >=

Create a second condition that is the same except type in the end of your time range. In the middle, select < or <=.

3. It will not trade unless specifically told to. You may recall from the course that Yahoo connection does not route to a brokerage so you will not make any unwanted live trades.

4. Please post screenshots of your two sets and we will try and isolate what is happening. Thank you.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, a couple of more requests

1st thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
          It is nice to see things start to appear on my chart.

OK, here is what I need:
          1. How do I put ADX is greater than 20 on my chart. When I do it, it does'nt make a difference. I don't want it to trade when ADX is less than 20 so I have been putting adx > 20 but it doesn't make a difference. How would you do it?
          2. There is a ZiValueChart indicator and I want to get a signal when price, is greater than 10. when I put that on my chart, every bar gets a signal, which is not what I want. How would you do that?
          3. I am having some trouble putting a time series in for Gold. How would you put this in: Trade Gold from 3:00AM to 4:00 AM and from 7:15AM to 11:00AM?
          4. RSI crossing up RSI Moving Average.
          5. There is this MACDBBLines indicator I really like and I would like to get an alert when the first little green light appears and when the Yellow round circle appears.
          Don't seem to be able to attach an image of my chart so if you send me an email, I will forward it to you if you need it.
          Last edited by rehtrade; 03-23-2009, 05:42 AM.

Comment

1. ADX on the left, Misc->Numeric value on the right.
            2. This would probably be a 3rd party indicator and could not help you with that. You would need to ask the vendor as to if they allowed programmed it in a way to allow access to what you are looking for.
            3. If you recall from the class you do not state an instrument. The instrument the strategy is running on is determined when you run the strategy. Then you just make the time filter as outlined in my prior post.
            4. RSI left. CrossAbove middle. RSI MA right.
            5. This is another 3rd party indicator and we would not know. All 3rd party indicators you just need to try on your own. The concept is exactly the same. Select the indicator from the list, change the Plot parameter if available. If the developer programmed it in a way to allow you access to those values then it will work, otherwise it will not.

Comment

Another request

How would I create this:
              RSI crosses up MA and then we get another RSI crosses up MA but the 2nd RSI crossing up is Higher than the first RSI crossing up.

Thanks,

R

Comment

Rachel,

Set 1. RSI left, MA right
                Action: User Variables -> Variable0 = 1

Set 2.
                Condition 1: Variable0 left. == middle. Misc -> Numeric value: 1 right.
                Condition 2: RSI left, another MA right
                Action: Do whatever you want. If you only want this to trigger once for each cross up you will then want to set Variable0 back to 0.

Also, these are proposed approaches that I have not tested. It should give you an idea of the direction to proceed in, but ultimately you will still need to try and see if it actually does work the way you desire.

Comment

Another request and Thank You

How about this:
                  Macd Histogram > 0
                  and
                  Macd is greater than it's Moving Average.

Thank you,

R

Comment

Condition 1.
                    Left: MACD plot Diff
                    Right: Misc->Numeric value->0

Condition 2.
                    Left: MACD plot MACD
                    Right: MACD plot Avg

Comment

please show me

Hi Josh,

I can't figure out, how to find the Macd Diff?
                      I bring up Macd and I don't see the how to bring up the "Diff".
                      Can you please show me where to find it?

Thanks,

R

Comment

Change the Plot parameter.

Comment

Another question

Hi,

I get a long signal but I want to buy the pullback.
                          How would I write that?

Thanks,

Rachel

Comment

You will need to think about how you would define the pullback, for example buy at the long signal minus a certain amount of ticks.
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Buying the pullback

Let's say, buy the pullback -7 ticks

Also, on another topic, let's say, I get a long set up, I have missed the top and bottom but would like to get a chance to short the top.
                              Can I put a signal for a short entry when RSI x below 70? that would be totally different from the long and short set ups catching the middle of the range?
                              So, I have a long set up on:Set 1
                              A short set up on Set 2
                              can I put another short catching an RSI x down of 70?

Thanks,

Rachel

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post JoMoon2024  
                              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                              2 responses