Partially Clearing History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partially Clearing History

Hey guys....another silly question for you.

I am testing an automated strategy, and let it run during the big move today after the FED statement, just out of curiosity. However, if live, I would not have actually auto traded until things had calmed down. Now I have skewed results.

So my question: Is there any way to 'delete' certain trades from Sim Accounts without having to clear the entire history? I don't even want to delete all the trades from today, just a few which were executed when I really wouldn't have had the system on. Is there a log file I can go line by line to delete certain trades or something? I looked in the online support guide, but can find nothing about deleting individual trades from history.

As always, thanks for your help and time guys!

Cordially,

Jonathan Hansen

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your note.

Go to the executions tab and delete any executions you want and regenerate your performance report.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Geez....is it really that simple?....thanks RJ....for helping, not for making me feel dumb!....j/j

Thanks for help!

Embarrassed,

Jonathan

Comment

Ok, I deleted all the trades executions I didn't want from the Executions tab, closed NT, re-opened...and all the trades are back. How can I get rid of them permanently?

Comment

Are these sim trades or live trades.

I just tested with the sim101 account and the executions remained removed from the executions tab.

With a live account, unfortunately these will be reloaded from your broker on startup and you will have to remove them again.

Comment

Yes sir, they are just Sim accounts...10 of them...but just sim....I right clicked....remove...yes...on all the executions I wanted gone...regenerated the Account Performance...and it shows the correct info (the numbers I would expect to see without those trades in there)...but then when I disconnect, close NT, re-open NT, re-connect...they all come back.

Comment

Scratch that last message...the first time I did it with all Sim accounts showing...then I repeated the same process but after filtering 1 account at a time...don't know if that does anything...but either way, they stayed gone this time...so, thanks again and nevermind! =)

Comment

Hi,

I have a similar question except the execution I'm trying to delete happened days ago against my Sim account and now I cannot close the position or delete it. It does not show in my execution tab because the execution tab is only showing today's data.

Do you know how to show more executions so that I can identify this execution and delete it?

Also, there is no market data to close the position against.

Thanks,
                dendy.

Comment

Hello dendy,

Thank you for your post.

Resting the simulation account will remove this phantom execution (as well as all other executions).

To reset the simulation account, click Tools > Options > Simulator Tab > Reset.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

That worked. For future reference, is there a way to delete only the execution I want instead of all of them for that account? (Given what I said in the prior post about the execution not being available on the Executions Tab)

Thanks again,
                    dendy.

Comment

What you can try is go to the Executions tab--> right click on the execution you want to remove and select 'Remove'.
                      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But what if we want to just remove 1 execution, from a previous day....I don't want to clear out the entire Sim account....but I have an erroneous execution?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported. I will ask development to add this functionality to their future considerations list.

Comment

Deleting Trades From Trade History

Just found this thread. Had the same problem and it helped me with one of todays trades. But as I see, there is still no possibility to get rid of single past trades, only the whole history.

I think it would help not only me, to be able to delete single trades that spoil statistics. The most comfortable way would be to delete the trades directly from the "Trades"-tab and not by having to delete all the execution entries in the "Executions"-tab.

Hope to find this function someday not to far.

Comment

Hi NinjaTurtle,

You can delete a single trade by right clicking on the execution in the Executions tab of the Control Center and selecting 'Remove'.

To access executions from prior dates in this tab, you will need to set your PC's clock to the date that the execution took place.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Massinisa  
                              Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes