data provider question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data provider question

I currently have BarChart because downloading historical data from IB is impossible

What I would like to do is find a delayed intraday provider that is cheap which I can use with NT and either connect directly to or somehow upload data from (ie a CSV file or something)

Anyone have suggestions? I use intraday data to do some stock scanning offline

need delayed data for chart refresh

I have the same problem. I use realtime data from Interactivebrokers.com, which is excellent. Unfortunately their historical data is often incomplete or not available at all. I don't need another realtime datafeed, I just need to fill in gaps in data that occur sometimes. Delayed data would be fine as I usually repair my charts after-hours for backtesting purposes.

I run another charting software and separate IB data feed on another computer. That software includes delayed data from various sources for repairing holes in realtime data. I have been able to export minute data from there and convert it with excel to the NT format and import it into NT, but that's not very convenient. A direct connection from NT to a delayed data source would solve my data issues. Suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

Unfortunately we do not support any delayed historical data feeds.

Supported Data feeds: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the whole issue of data feed is just a pain in the ass i , i don't know why i bother with ninjatrader when THINKORSWIM offer free data and free charting !!!!

Comment

I found that you can just open am acct with TD Ameritrade and use that. I don't think you even have to fund it, but they do reserve the right to close unfunded accts after 60 days. So I may stick $50 in it

TD Ameritrade also recently bought ThinkOrSwim I believe

So a free Zen Fire feed, brokerage with IB, and Ameritrade feed is a great cheap setup

Comment

still the best

I feel your pain about the data issues. I'm still trying to get that sorted out too. The time I intended to spend on scripting my trading methods this weekend mostly went to trying to resolve data issues. Still, I'm very impressed with NT's capabilities. If I have to open another brokerage account or subscribe to another data provider to overcome the shortcomings of IB data I will do it. NT is still the best scripting and backtesting environment I've seen. For a free platform to provide what NT offers is quite amazing. Hats off to NT for understanding what traders need (and prospective traders). I look forward to becoming a paid subscriber and experimenting with NT auto-trade capabilities.

Comment

free zen-fire?

I visited the zen-fire website and left confused about what they offer. I got the impression that their data feed is only available through other brokers who use zen-fire as their platform? Where do I sign up to get free zen-fire?

Comment

go to mirus futures and you can get a free demo account with zenfire data ,but they do not provide historical data that is the problem.

thinkorswim offer 2.5 years of historical data for free if only i could connect to them with ninja.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes