How does ATM work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does ATM work

How does ATM controll limit or stop orders?

I mean if i set TP=8 and SL=8,with trailing stop=8, how will NT set it?

For example, i sell s&p 500 from $900, so SL will be set as Buy Stop at $902 with OCO to Buy Limit $898? Or it will set such orders as market reaches this prices?

In second case it will be bad, because all orders should be set automatically on exchange. So then orders will work faster.

Hi alexmaster, this will depends on which broker technology you use, please check this link to see where your orders are residing - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, but i need information about PFG and Dorman Trading. I see that first of them works good, and second is so bad.. (First gave me good profit, and second gave bery good loss :-( but both orders in both companies were the same). So i want to understand why is this goes so, because i don't want to trade in Dorman anymore.

Comment

Hi alexmaster, for Dorman you can refer to the ZenFire section, for PFG the orders rest at the exchange and / or broker's server, please check this directly with them. Thanks!

Comment

Zenfire simulation

I'm using zenfire simulation with the ATM strategy. The profit target is shown as working, the stop loss is shown as accepted. In the order residing post for zenfire, that means they should be server side? However, they are also shown as OCO, and on the post it says those are client side. What do they mean?

I want server side orders, if those are not server side, would trailing stop be server side for zenfire?

Comment

Does simulation mimic the order placement status correctly?

If so, i think I understand now. I think ATM sends both profit target and stop loss orders to the servers for zenfire, then when one order (PT or SL) is filled, the client side PC cancels the other server side order only if the market doesn't get to it first?

Comment

You got it, your local PC manages the OCO functionality for the ZenFire connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lightsun47  
              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
              1 response
              0 likes