How to "force" a connection use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to "force" a connection use?

Hello, I have the base equity subscription at BarChart now and I like to receive equities quotes from them. However, I do not have the ES feed and I think they may provide delayed by default (but not sure).

However, I do use IB for my brokerage and they provide me a realtime ES feed. My BarChart connection is set up so that IB is the secondary connection, but it won't use IB as the primary datafeed for ES even if I take the ES symbol map off of BarChart.

Any suggestions? I'd like to use BarChart for equities and IB for futures.

Hi tradinginzen, have you tried reversing the connection order? Do you get error in the Log tab when trying to access the ES data? Do you get realtime data successfully when only connected to IB? Please make sure you use TWS 887.2 as outlined here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think I get an error but I will try it again. However, if IB is first I do get the pacing violation.

Comment

Ok nothing in the output window. I took ES off the BarChart symbol map and it will come up with a blank chart (at least I tried the daily).

If I disconnect and only connect Interactive Brokers, ES runs live fine.

I would really like to solve this issue without having to buy that futures feed from BarChart. I want to get futures from Interactive Brokers but everything else via BarChart.
        Last edited by tradinginzen; 02-17-2009, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I am not aware of another workaround then to remove the symbol map as you have already tried. You could install NinjaTrader and two machines and access both feeds separately this way.

Comment

Thanks for the help

One other question... I loaded 2000 minute bars of data for about 150 stocks last night but if I do a market analyzer on these for the past 1000 bars it wants to reload the data from my data feed. How do I stop this? The way I loaded the data was to do the analyzer with a 30 min indicator

Comment

This means that not all the data is present in the local database - NinjaTrader will reload data in those cases - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

For performance tips when working with the Market Analyzer please check this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...manceTips.html

Comment

Can you explain the logic that goes on when you have a backup datafeed or have two datafeeds connected and a symbol is not in one of the provider's symbol maps? I would think that if I remove ES from BarChart that it should try to load it from the next connection but it doesn't.

Comment

Also, I have tried the opposite. I took the security SRS and removed its symbol map from Interactive Brokers. I then configured my connections so that Interactive Brokers uses BarChart as a backup and BarChart has no backup itself. I then connected to IB and can't get a quote for SRS.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

The backup datafeed connection will jump in when the primary connection fails tradinginzen...it cannot be selectively activated symbol wise.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by merc410, Today, 03:41 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post merc410
                    by merc410

Started by sugalt, 04-30-2024, 04:02 AM
                    2 responses