Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFA Account at Interactive Brokers

Hi,

I am new to NT. As it seems, buidling account groups lets me submit orders to two or more of my subaccounts simultaneously.

a) Is using that reliable? I just bought ES futures on two subaccounts via one DOM, and wenn I sold them, I realized (a little late) that at only one got executed. I manually closed the position in the TWS.

b) What if does not get filled equally, e.g. buy 2 ES futures for two accounts and 2 get filled at acct. A and only one at acct. B? Maybe similar issut like above.

c) Can I unevenly allocate position share somehow, e.g 3 futures at acct. A and 6 at acct. B (which is possible in TWS using the master account)?

d) Can I assign orders in strategies (scripts) to a certain account, or could I run the same script for two different accounts? If so, can I set the position size there individually, or would I have to make two versions of my script?

Thanks!

Originally posted by BillCh View Post
    Hi,

I am new to NT. As it seems, buidling account groups lets me submit orders to two or more of my subaccounts simultaneously.

a) Is using that reliable? I just bought ES futures on two subaccounts via one DOM, and wenn I sold them, I realized (a little late) that at only one got executed. I manually closed the position in the TWS.

b) What if does not get filled equally, e.g. buy 2 ES futures for two accounts and 2 get filled at acct. A and only one at acct. B? Maybe similar issut like above.

c) Can I unevenly allocate position share somehow, e.g 3 futures at acct. A and 6 at acct. B (which is possible in TWS using the master account)?

d) Can I assign orders in strategies (scripts) to a certain account, or could I run the same script for two different accounts? If so, can I set the position size there individually, or would I have to make two versions of my script?

Thanks!
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

a) This is expected as you must manage each replicated order individually, see this link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview15.html

b) That is the reason they must be managed individually as stated in a.

c) Unfortunately that is not supported.

d) Yes, you can run a different NinjaScript for each account, or the same NinjaScript for each account. You can set the order quantity in the strategy, or choose a default quantity when you run it.

See this link on running your NS strategy in a chart: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...romAChart.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your qucik reply!

I do not understand a) and b). Does that mean, that I can send an entry order via DOM to the group, but if they got filled that I am not able to adjust target and stop levels via DOM?

And when I want to close them (all togeher), that this is alos not possible?

I must get something wrong here, as it would not make much sense this way, having a DOM just for entry and then switching to TWS to manage the trade.

Comment

Does that mean, that I can send an entry order via DOM to the group, but if they got filled that I am not able to adjust target and stop levels via DOM?
        --> This means that you must use the account drop down to switch from your group account to the individual account to manage within your SuperDOM.

And when I want to close them (all togeher), that this is alos not possible?
        --> You can use File --> Flatten everything to close all positions accross all accounts. Otherwise use the method I described above.

I must get something wrong here, as it would not make much sense this way, having a DOM just for entry and then switching to TWS to manage the trade.
        --> You can manage each individual account in the SuperDOM as mentioned in my first answer.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That is not a very sophisticated approach. In fast intraday trading, not to say scalping, NinjaTrader can than not be used on more than one single account. Clicking two or three DOMs - for each subaccount one simply wants to to trade in the same way - is impractical.

I asked your helpdesk for IB multiaccount trading and it was not made clear at all. So one reason I subscribed for is not working as expected. Very disappointing for me! Even the free BracketTrader with its BT-Controller can at least synchronize multiple DOMs to control IB subaccounts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno