Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay imported data

Hi,

I've imported a month's worth of tick data expecting for it to be available inMarket Replay mode. But unfortunately,it isn't.

Is there or will beany way to do that? It would be most convenient.

Thank you.

imported post

There is no way to importhistorical data for replay. You must record replay data by enabling it via Tools > Options > Data. While you are connected, NT will record requiredfiles for subsequent replay.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks, already have that enabled. Problem is I have years worth of forex tickdata laying around. Would be nice to be able to load andreplay it, for training. Now I'll have to leave NT running for few weeks/months before I can begin.

Comment

imported post

I'm also interested in replaying historic data in Ninja - not just realtime data captured on the day.

1)I use Neoticker and can drive Ninjatrader either realtime or with historical data -currently sourced by Esignal. This ability of Ninja's is excellent. By doing this can Ninjatrader record/capture the dataat the same time for later playback?

2) I see it is also possible todrive Ninja from Esignal. Can this also capture the data for later playback?

3) If levelII data is available in the first place will this also flow through from either charting package to be captured for replay?

4) If either package plays data through at high speed (Neoticker can certainly do this) will Ninja still capture all ticks? This way at least one could potentially save several days worth of data in a few hours.

5) Are there any plans to enable replay directly from imported data?

Apologies for the multiple questions.

Thanks.

Comment

imported post

Hi,

1) Yes, if you are using the External Data Feed connection, NT can record this data for future replay use.

2) Yes, real-time eSignal data can be recorded for future replay use.

3) No, only level I data coming from an external charting application like TS or NeoTicker will be recorded.

4) If you replay data at high speed, NT will time stamp the data as it comes in essentially recording it at a high speed. I don't think this is desireable.

5) Not at this time.

Ray
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by boriss View Post
            Thanks, already have that enabled. Problem is I have years worth of forex tickdata laying around. Would be nice to be able to load andreplay it, for training. Now I'll have to leave NT running for few weeks/months before I can begin.
            You may use NTDataFeeder to replay historical tick.
            Download url:
            Sell your car, or browse our inventory of 30,000+ nationwide vehicles to buy your next car from Driveway.

Take a look at the following threads for more info

Comment

Hey mate,

Thank you for your proggie.

Do you have any forex data to go with?Any currencies will be fine any periods.

Cheers

Thank you

B

Comment

Hi Blazer,

There is a small epf file in the zip file. For NinjaTrader tick format, you can export from NinjaTrader > Tools > Historical Data > Export.
                You can have about 1 year of historical forex data if you setup a Gain demo account connection and checked "use ninjatrader server for historical data".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post SantoshXX  
                Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DanielTynera