Account balances?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account balances?!

Hi, please tell me that you've added account balance information to the OIF output files!

I base my position sizes on a variable percentage of my account value. Because of commissions and fees and slippage and whatnot, I want to query my account after buy/sell to find the available cash and current account value (including unrealized profits). I often flatten all positions, and then cash is the same as my account value.

I'll end up writing directly to my broker's API without this feature. I'd much rather pay you $50/month.

imported post

>> I'll end up writing directly to my broker's API without this feature

Don't do that, you can use the DLL API to get this information

Muly
    Final
    http://fin-alg.com/

Comment

imported post

Thanks for writing!

Are there additional docs / examples for the DLL api? I have a CHM and sawa PnL call, that returns a double? When I referenced the base DLL in my C# project, I saw that there were a bunch of other objects/methods. I don't know where those are documented.

It would be so much simpler if there was an OIF text file, say for example, OIF_SIM101_ACCOUNTING.TXT that was updated periodically with the sum value of all open positions and the available cash.

If I were to just keep issuing buy orders, beyond my purchasing power, will ninjatrader itself reject my trades instead of sending them to my broker? I was thinking of just doing that and doing my accounting at the end of the day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post hazylizard  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post geddyisodin