Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert

Hello,
    can anybody tell me how I can programm an alert, accoustical or visual, when certain circumstances appear? For example, if close touches parabolic.
    Thank you
    Carl

Hi Carl, you can use the Alert() feature in NinjaScript - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Alert.html

This will also be available for example in the Strategy wizard under Misc > Alert when you setup a strategy action - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...egyAction.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Bertrand,
      thanks you for your answer. Unfortunately I dont understand the instructions in a way that I can manage it. Is there any other way to help me, maybe you could write an alarm for me?
      Regards
      Carl

Comment

Hello,

Give it a shot and we will help you from there.

Or you can try and build an alert in the market analyzer:
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Ben, I ve done the first step in the market analyzer but cant get the indicator into the window.
          Carl

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry I do not know where you are stuck. Please post a screen shot and explain where you are at and I am happy to help.

To post a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and post the file as an attachment.

Comment

Alerts

Would you consider adding to Drawing Objects an Horizontal Line with a sound alert. Alerts will be activated when bid or ask (users choice) touches the Horizontal Line. All charting packages have a simple alert like this one, no need for scripts. Market Analizer only allows you to do one alert per workspace.

Comment

Hello,

You can do as many alerts as you want in the market analyzer. That is one of the purposes of market analyzer, you can analyze the "market" (different instruments).

However we do have a PriceAlert indicator you can apply to the chart. You will find it in your default list of indicators.

Comment

Alert

Ben,

Market analyzer only allows one alert per column (please check Help). if I set an alert for ES when price hits 850 and then another alert for TF at 450, the original ES alert becomes 450 as well. Try it, "if you find a way around this please let me know".

The indicator that you mention does not appear to let you select between bid and ask. Is also more efficient to draw a line that you can move easily than having to deal with several indicators on different charts.

Thank you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

here is my screenshot, a word file, but I cannot do it in Paint. I only want an alert when that indicator changes from red to green and vice versa. I really don t know how to start, I need a step - by - step instruction. I do not need a price alert.
                    Thank you all for your patience
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi meyer99 - did you try running two Market Analyzer windows, one for the ES, and one for the TF?

joker23 - you will need to add the Alert() code to your NinjaScript for that - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Alert.html

However, you can also setup alert conditions for this custom indicator in the Market Analyzer, here is an overview - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...onditions.html

Comment

Bertrand, yes I did. Try it.

Comment

Sorry, the same question is still there: I don t know how to get the indicator into the columns window. Perhaps I should mention that this is a demo account.

Comment

Hi meyer99, what you could do to workaround this, is setting up different color conditions in the MA for the ES and TF. Otherwise the best way would be the 'PriceAlert' indicator on both charts set to your levels.

Hi joker23, please see this link here -

You can add an indicator to your MA page and then select your custom indicator in the 'Indicator' dropdown box on the right side in the 'Columns' setup page.

Comment

Bertrand,
                              Thank you. Will have to ask you to read my comments at the beginning of this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post pibrew
                              by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                              1 response