Bugs, Errors, Problems & More...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs, Errors, Problems & More...

Let's use this thread to report all the problems and short falls....
    Here's one:
    After editing an existing indicator that was already loaded and running on a couple of charts, I compiled the edited version successfully and upon loading it on a new chart, the program crashed and shut down and all following attempts to relaunch the program has failed with below messages. I have also restart windows of no avail and next will have to reinstall NT I guess!!!
    Fortunately I had just went flat but the issue IS VERY Worrisome and I hope it gets properly addressed.

http://www.screencast.com/t/VpwwUqpe
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Hi mktrend,

It sounds like your database may be corrupted. Please go to Tools->Options->Misc->Repair DB.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello MKTrend,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear that, please let me know if you have reinstalled NinjaTrader and if the issue persists.
      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As soon as NT loads all the windows prior to giving me access to anything the error message comes on(darn it... )!
        Searched my HDD and did not have the ex installation file so will have to download it again.
        I have backed up my NT sub dir in my documents, should I backup anything else?

thanks

Comment

More errors and problems...

while waiting for the download, here's a couple of more huge problems that happens when holding overnight positions! These are real accounts and trades, NOT Sim.
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

mktrend,

Try this. Shutdown NT. Go to My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\db. Find the file NinjaTrader.mdb. Rename this to something else if you want to backup your database, otherwise just delete it. Then rerun NT.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now this is getting to be very aggravating. After downloading the installation and trying out a repair, it said that it failed due a bad file in a temp dir I think it was in the my doc subs, I tried to find the installation file of no avail and when trying the setup icon, it is going through the whole download process all over again, this is very dumb and it just cost me a whole day already!!!!

What is this setup intermediary fooling around for? Why can't you just have the darned installation file download directly anywhere the user wants so it could be reused? Why do things need to be so awkward and difficult with NT?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                mktrend,

Try this. Shutdown NT. Go to My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\db. Find the file NinjaTrader.mdb. Rename this to something else if you want to backup your database, otherwise just delete it. Then rerun NT.
                OK, that resolved the problem. I wish I knew that since the beginning.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mktrend View Post
                  OK, that resolved the problem. I wish I knew that since the beginning.

thanks
                  Well I jumped the gun by thanking too early when the Domes and the control loaded but the charts had not yet and never did and returned to get the same error and the app closed down.
                  Really mad now, since I already canceled the second download too...well I guess not quite my day

I will download and reinstall again. I could try a repair if you tell me where the installation file will be so I could capture the message for you without my having to go through a download again.

Comment

from the run after the deleting of mdb:

2009-01-14 14:17:03:328 WARNING: Session Break (Version 6.5.1000.8)
                    2009-01-14 14:17:03:343 Loading server side config file...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:03:625 Clearing E:\Documents and Settings\....\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Tmp...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:03:625 Loading E:\Documents and Settings\....\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.dll...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:03:656 Loading E:\Documents and Settings\....\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:03:671 Creating user defined methods files...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:03:671 Instantiating serializers...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:12:171 Registering chart styles...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:12:312 Registering bars types...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:24:953 Loading master instruments...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:25:015 Loading instruments...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:25:031 Loading default symbol list...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:25:031 Loading available connections...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:25:687 Cbi.Licence.GetAccountBalanceNow1: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/t...tBalance.php?l............
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:265 Cbi.Licence.GetAccountBalanceNow2: ....
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:343 Connecting ATI server...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:343 Cbi.AtiServer.Connect1
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:343 Cbi.AtiServer.ConnectNow: Port=36973
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:343 Setting global sim mode...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:343 Syncronizing executions...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:359 Cbi.AtiServer.ConnectNow2
                    2009-01-14 14:17:26:562 Hiding splash...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:27:031 Setting ATI...
                    2009-01-14 14:17:27:031 ApplicationStart done, took 27.8 secs

..... added by me

Comment

the crash seems to be chart related and probably due relative indicators.
                      How can I launch NT without the charts to trouble shoot?

Comment

Well, FWIW, this is how I got it to launch again.
                        After having removed the mdb file as per Josh, I could get to the connect stage and it was after that the crash would occur now.
                        So this time I did not connect and first removed all the charts and then a dbase repair and then an exit on the relaunch connected and opened a fresh chart with no indicators and all ok now so far.
                        Also prior to all these I also reinstalled MS VS which I suspected to be the cause since this problem happened after compiling an indicator. SO, it must be one or both of the above? You do the math.

Comment

The cause positively identified.
                          After loading the last indicator I had made which had compiled without problem again caused the same problem and NT crashed and closed.
                          Relaunched NT and only the control panel loaded since due to the crash the latest setup was not saved.
                          Opened a chart again and loaded a different ind and all OK and removed the ind.
                          Opened the problematic Ind. for edit and recompiled it without any changes and again recompiled without problem. Added it to the chart and same again. NT crashed and closed.

So, the problem was editing an indicator that was running in a couple of other charts also and although compiled well but caused the crash.
                          In the subsequent efforts to launch NT, was unable without ever getting to the control panel stage to repair the database.
                          The solution was removing the db file which now helped to get to the control; panel stage and then closing all charts before connecting and starting with fresh charts without the problematic indicator.
                          So there, for future unfortunate souls who end up in the same ditch!

Suggestions, inform users to NOT EDIT and compile already running indicators on various charts!

Comment

while waiting for the download, here's a couple of more huge problems that happens when holding overnight positions! These are real accounts and trades, NOT Sim.

http://www.screencast.com/t/DtNRmDDtCSf
                            This problem occurred again during normal day trading hours! So it is not just related to keeping overnight positions. I have captured it again, let me know if u need me to post it?
                            This IS also a very scary and critical situation and causes huge losses during pairing ops. Please address it ASAP.

Comment

This problem occurred again during normal day trading hours! So it is not just related to keeping overnight positions. I have captured it again, let me know if u need me to post it?
                              This IS also a very scary and critical situation and causes huge losses during pairing ops. Please address it ASAP.
                              So far no response from NT while other forms of the same problem are surfacing!
                              I went into close yesterday at 4:15 pm ET with 2 open positions and closed the open positions right after Open same yesterday. The consequence is that the P&L is messed up again and calculating everything as though those positions were still open! I hope this is not by design and that the application is more intelligent than not recognizing and taking into account this issue.

Again I have captured it and let me know if u need to see the pics, but let's not ignore this very important issue, it is not going to go away by itself.
                              Last edited by mktrend; 01-15-2009, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron