Connecting to NT6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to NT6

After shutting down mycomputer and servers for the night, the next morning, I have to delete the NinjaTrader.mdbin order to be able to log on.My broker says it is a antivirus or firewall error code: 10009. I use Avast and opened a port for Ninja. I need a better solution than this.

We have a router with one public IP address (that might change each day) for all users. Additionally, we want to run NT on another machine. How can we do this?

imported post

Suzy,

That sounds unconventional to me. Is this for fact? The next day you can not connect, then you delete the database, and then it connects?

If yes, may I ask you to perform a test for me?

Assuming you are working tomorrow (24th), please attempt to connect with the current database. Assuming you can not connect, shut down NT and zip and send the following via email:

C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6\db\ninjatrader.mdb
    contents of C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6\trace

send to dierk at ninjatrader dot com.

The delete the database, restart and once connected send the same information in another email to the same address.

Thanks.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Dierk

My broker told me to delete the entire \db directory. I got tired of doing that, so I started deleting just the database, and today I just deleted my live account record out of the table so I won't keep losing my setup and instruments. It certainly is an inconvenience. Today,a trade I made was not included in the Performance report and I suppose it is becauseof what I deleted.

If it happens tomorrow, I will zip it up. Thanks, Suzy

Comment

imported post

Funny, we never had any report like that before.

NT6 supports a new feature to clear out you all your trades without deleting the DB: Tools->Options->Misc->"Reset DB"

Also: You never should remove the complete <install>\db directory but only the <install>\db\NinjaTrader.mdb file.

Comment

imported post

Today at first, I could not log on again and got 10001 error. I closed down all my charts and DOM and tried again and could connect live. (Iam quite sureI have tried that in the past too....) I run Market Replay charts in the evening and then shut everything down including my computer and the network servers at night. Since I solved it (hopefully), do you still want anything zipped up?

I would like to be able to start up my environment and have my charts ready to go as it is early in the morning when I want to start trading -- just a convenience factor.

Additionally, we want to run NT on 2 other machines. How can we do this? For now, the simulator would be fine and as needed we can get accounts and subscriptions.

Thanks, Suzy

Comment

imported post

Not sure I follow:
            - you have installed latest NT6B4 or latest NT5?
            - as you first time start NT in the morning and connect to Zen you get the 10001, correct? Is this reproducible or a freak oocurance?
            - yes, you can run NT on 2 different machine. Just run a regualr installation on the 2nd machine.

Comment

imported post

Suzy,

Regarding NT on other machines, just download from our website and go through the registration process to have simulation license keys sent. Then when these additional licenses are ready to go live, go to our website and purchase licenses.

Dierk will take the lead on information he would need from you on this issue.

Ray
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

It happens frequently -- definitely not a freak occurance. Each morning I get 10009 or 10001 errors. If you want to see old trace files, I have them back to 12/04. I have NT6 v6.0.0.3.

Comment

imported post

Please upate to NT6B4 and try again (see Ray's announcement 2 days ago).

Comment

imported post

Did he send email? If so, my spam catcher must have caught it and it is gone. Where is the announcement? Thanks!

Comment

imported post

Please send PM to "dierk AT ninjatrader.com" and I'll send it.

Comment

imported post

Sent. Please check your spam filters.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM