Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Error

Thank youfd
    Last edited by spacebalts67; 07-02-2010, 09:23 AM.

Can you please check if you setup the 'Quote currencies (FX) in:' correctly. This setting needs to be set as 'Pip' if you have a 'FIXED' spread account, 'TenthPip' when if you have a 'FRACTIONAL' spread account.

The error indicates the order is submitted at a price of 9184.74, which would be too far away from the market.

In addition, please see the following link for more information regarding running FX strategies.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Please send me the log and trace file for the date the error message occurred. You can find the log and trace files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20081215 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20081215 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

The error indicates the strategy submitted an order at a price far way from the market and thus it rejected.

Comment

Please see my response to your email.

Comment

The log file confirms the strategy is submitting the orders at prices such as 9174.84, while orders submitted discretionary use correct pricing.

What happens if you run the default 'SampleMACrossover' strategy on the USDJPY in sim101 while connected to Gain. Does it submit orders at incorrect prices as well?

Comment

Please see the following link that will inform you regarding the difference that can occur between the strategy position and account position.

Close NinjaTrader and the log and trace file for today should be listed. Please export and include your custom strategy as well.

Comment

Unfortunately the files did not reflect the orders triggered by the SampleMACrossover strategy; it did not list any orders at all. But you indicated the order prices for the order generated by the SampleMACrossover strategy were legit, which would indicate the cause lies in the custom strategy. I have found the following error in the log file:

12/15/2008 11:21:46 AM|2|4|NinjaTrader components successfully archived to 'C:\Users\Jeff Balts\Documents\NinjaTrader Backup\2008-12-15.ntbk'. NinjaScript files could not be compiled successfully.

Could you please compile your custom strategy and check if it will compile successful.

1) Open NinjaTrader

2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy

3) Select the custom strategy and double click on it.

4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the strategy.

5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

In addition, I noticed you have version 6.5.1000.7 installed as well. Please upgrade NinjaTrader to our latest version, 6.5.1000.8. You can download and install the latest version on top of your current version at the link below.

It will show up if your account is in a position.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post AaronKoRn  
              Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes