Rmma Ver. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rmma Ver. 2

Recently I found this indicator but I don't understand what I should do.
    Somebody please let me know what should I do specifically. If you explain step by step, I really appreciate it!

Thank You.

This is an implementation of Rainbow Multiple Moving average. It is much more flexible than an original, posted here a few years ago. It creates automatically nr. of plots and their colors, according to input parameters. The parameters are: Average type, Low Average , high average , step, opacity, saturation , luminosity. The last 3 […]

Hello Super Bardock,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums.

To add the indicator to your platform, click the download button on the Ecosystem User App Share page you shared a link to.

After downloading the indicator, go to Control Center > Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn to import the indicator onto your platform.

See this help guide page about importing NinjaScript AddOns: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt8/import.htm

You could then add the indicator to a chart by opening a Control Center > New > Chart window, right-clicking on the chart, selecting 'Indicators', and double-clicking on the indicator in the 'Available' section of the Indicators window.

See this help guide page about working with Indicators: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

If you have questions about how the indicator specifically functions, you could try contacting the developer of the indicator directly. The developer of the indicator is noted on the Ecosystem User App Share page underneath the 'Download' button.

This forum thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights on the matter.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_BrandonH​,

Thank you for your reply.
      Actually I don't have 'Import' under Tools of Control Center.

Thank You.

Comment

Hello Super Bardock,

Thanks for your notes.

The instructions for the previous post are for NinjaTrader 8 but I now understand that you are using NinjaTrader 7.

To import the NinjaScript AddOn into NinjaTrader 7 go to File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript to open the Import NinjaScript dialog window, select the file you want to import, and press the Open button to import the script.

See this help guide page for more information about importing NinjaScript AddOns in NinjaTrader 7: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt7/import.htm

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your reply.

I double-clicked on the indicator in the upper section of the 'Indicators' window.
          Then I can see the name of 'RMMAv2' in the lower section of the same window.
          But it came with the letter '<unknown>'.

Chart doesn't show anything but only name of 'RMMAv2' at the left shoulder of the empty panel appears.

I guess the developer of this indicator requires unique setting for this indicator cos it says 'The only input parameter is file path. In the image below, the path is C:NinjaRMMAv2.dat​...' on the page, which I have never seen this before. After this sentence I can't understand what should I do. If you have a time, please go to the page and kindly instract me what should I do.

Thank You.

Comment

Hello Super Bardock,

Thanks for your notes.

From the Ecosystem User App Share page linked in post # 1:

The only input parameter is file path. In the image below, the path is C:NinjaRMMAv2.dat

Content of the file is :
            EMA,2,160,2,128,0.75,0.5 which means EMA is used to create a rainbow with low average 2 , high average 160 , step between averages is 4.
            Therefore in this case the indicator has (160‐2) / 4 plots.
            The last 3 parameters manage colors in attached image.

You should copy and paste the text to the file as above.
            If you want to change input file path, you should recompile the indicator with another input file path.The file path cannot be changed for a reason explained above.

If you want to change input values, change contents of the input file in external editor before placing the indicator on the chart. The line must have 7 values in the order as described above.

It seems like you will need to make .dat file with that specific file name and add EMA,2,160,2,128,0.75,0.5 to the contents of the file and save that file to the C drive on your machine.

The Notepad application that comes with Windows could be used to create a file with the contents notes above. That file would need to be saved in the C: drive location on your machine.

To save a Notepad file as a .dat extension, you would go to File > Save as > set the 'Save as type' drop-down menu to 'All files', and name the file NinjaRMMAv2.dat and save it into the C: drive (File Explorer window > This PC > Devices and drives > ( C: ).

Since this indicator was not developed by NinjaTrader, we do not know how the indicator is specifically intended to function.

For specific instructions on how to use this third-party developer's indicator, you should contact the developer (xTrader1) of the indicator directly so they may provide you with some direction.

The developer of the indicator is noted on the Ecosystem User App Share page.​
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 01-31-2024, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Thank you very much!!
              I could make it!!

I really appreciate it.

P.S. This is actually different topic, but I would like to know the % of NT7 & NT8 user.
              I guess majority is already NT8, so eventually I need to go with NT8.
              At the moment, you still support NT7 as well, but I would like to know the future of NT7.
              If it's not so long, I need time to learn NT8 before real trading.
              If you know something, please share. (Should I make another topic for this issue?)

Comment

Hello Super Bardock,

Thanks for your notes.

Going forward, please make sure to create a new forum thread post for questions not related to your previous forum thread post.

That said, we do not have the percent of NT7 and NT8 users available to share in the Support department at NinjaTrader.

You are correct, a majority of NinjaTrader users are on the NT8 platform as this version has many more new updates, features, and fixes for the NinjaTrader platform. At some point NinjaTrader 7 will not longer be supported but we do not have an ETA to provide on this matter at this time.

I recommend downloading NT8 from the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard at account[dot]ninjatrader[dot]com and testing out the platform features to get familiar with the NT8 platform.

Here is a link to the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide which contains a majority of information related to using NinjaTrader 8 features: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/

More information could be found on Support articles located at support[dot]ninjatrader[dot]com.

For any platform related questions you may have, please write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Thank you very much for everything!!
                  I really appreciate it!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes