Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble downloading replay data

Hello,

I am trying to download replay NQ data for July-August 2023 for NT7 using NQ 09-23 as a contract for the instrument, but it error says there is no data avaliable?

Am I doing anything incorrectly here? Please help.

Thank you.

Hello!

Does the same occur if you delete your UI.xml file from the NinjaTrader 8 folder?Go to your Documents' folder in your pc < NinjaTrader 8 Folder < Delete the file named “UI.xml”.

World's leading screen capture + recorder from Snagit + Screencast by Techsmith. Capture, edit and share professional-quality content seamlessly.

I have provided a publicly available link below to our YouTube videos that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Market Replay Connection, and replaying data:
    To use the Market Replay Connection, you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

There are 2 ways of getting market data for Market Replay:
    1. Record live market data To do this you will need to enable the Market Replay Recorder by going to Tools> Options> Data tab > check 'Record for market replay' > OK. Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time.
    2. Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server

NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.

To download replay data:
    • Select the File menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Utilities and select Download Replay Data... The Download Replay Data window appears.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download

Notes:
    • Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
    • NOT available when connected to the Market Replay connection.

To start market replay, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Market Replay Connection by going to File> Connections > Market Replay Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right-clicking on the Market Replay controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a publicly available link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

If this information still does not resolve the issue, please provide more details regarding what you are experiencing so we may better understand how to assist.​​
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kimberly; 12-24-2023, 02:32 PM.
    Kimberly H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response.

But, I had asked I CANNOT download the replay data AT ALL in the first place.

I did not say the playback is not working and hence, there is nothing to be seen on the charts.

Please understand the question properly.

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the updated post.

I am attaching a screenshot which may be of more help.

This is happening for the months of August - September despite selecting the proper contracts for the instruments.

However, I am able to download the replay data for November - December months successfully.

Please help. Thank you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7890.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	1283586
        Last edited by lightsun47; 12-25-2023, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files. Please attach the files to an email to [email protected].
          • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you!​
          Kimberly H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent via email.

Looking forward to get it resolved.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
            0 responses