Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader 7 chart giving CROSS on chart instead of showing a BAR Chart

Dear Team,

My NT7 is giving me a weird problem. Its showing me CROSS instead of opening a chart. Kindly check the attachment for cross chart and LOG file.

Kindly note that I keep open about 25 charts at a time in my 43 inch 4k monitor.

NT7 was working fine until I changed the following things.

I added about two data series in three charts and three data series in one chart. Two data series in four charts are of same script but with different time frames. Three data series in one chart are of two different scripts with two having same time interval and one having different time interval.

Also there is one more problem. Since adding this multi data series, NT7 opens chart with same indicator opening two or three more times like a loop. Generally the same indicator opening two or three and sometimes more than this are BAR TIMER, STOCHASTICS and one my own indicator. Chart works fine even then

Sometimes it opens perfectly and sometimes it gives this cross image in THREE DATA SERIES chart or DOUBLE DATA SERIES chart or in both.

This is a very serious problem and I request you to suggest me some solution.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Whenever this problem occurs I close NT and reopen it. It opens correct chart in two or four five attempts.​
    Attached Files

Hello TwilightD,

Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email, so we may investigate the issue.
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E). Then navigate to the "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com".
    • Put 'Att Jason, 04183766' in the subject header of the email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Do you notice any other consistency between charts that experience the issue. Could it be the charts that experience the issue always have a certain indicator applied?

If you test charts that only have the default indicators applied, do you experience the cross in these charts?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for reply and sorry for delayed reply from my end.

As per your suggestions I checked and found that BLTOPENINGRANGE indicator is creating problem if I use it in double series. Is it possible to modify it so that it work with multi data series?

Whether this is possible or not, I am very grateful to you for pointing me towards the real problem.

Thanks and regards

Comment

I'm not a programmer myself so I will not be much help in this regard. I suggest to create a new forum thread under 'NinjaTrader 7 - Indicator Development'.

You could also contact a NinjaScript programmer at the following link for assistance.
        Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses