Charting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting issues

For years I use the same computer and the same five workspaces. Since some weeks I have issues with charting but only in one workspace: the charts of this workspace are freezed for some seconds (4 – 10 sec), then I get data and it freezes again. Charting of the four other workspaces are fine. Strangely enough that the workspace with freezing charts changed from one to an other.

What could be the problem?

Ninja 64-bit 7.0.1000 43 (live)
    Continuum data

Thanks for your help

Hello powerlobster,

Thank you for your post.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
    If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The Bid/Ask on the chart trader is either missing or so far offset to the bottom of the screen that I can't see the prices. Please help
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello ProV356,

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is caused by a 3rd-party add-on or is isolated to your Workspace using the steps below. Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies (3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
        • Getting instrument updates from the server
        To open the platform in Safe Mode:
        • Go to the Windows Start Menu
        • Search for NinjaTrader > select 'NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)'
        • Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode, you may manually connect to your Data Provider from the Connections dropdown

Once you are connected, open a new chart with no custom bar types, indicators, or templates and test for issues. Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?

If not, please try opening your previous workspace from the Control Center > Workspaces dropdown. It may already appear as open. Hit 'close' and do not save, then re-open it again for your windows to appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are available in Safe Mode. Does the behavior return to your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?

If not, restart NinjaTrader normally, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If the issue returns, we suggest rebuilding your workspace. Keep track of each add-on you implement to identify the cause of the behavior should it return. If the issue does not resurface, it confirms the error was isolated only to your other Workspace.

We also suggest backing up your workspace (Tools > Export > Backup) so you may restore a working version if the issue returns. Additional information about backups may be read here in our Help Center.

Please let us know the results of this test. We look forward to your response.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post poplagelu  
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes