Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7: Is there anyone able to work with a Strategy real-time to InteractiveB ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7: Is there anyone able to work with a Strategy real-time to InteractiveB ?

Despite that NT7 runs excellent downloading data and running simulations with real-time data, when it comes to connecting to my IB real money account, I got an error message:
    "Trigger Outside RTH was deprecated. Please upgrade your API Client software to submit order with Outside RTH attribute instead. 10316" I'm aware that after many updates it could be expected, however, it doesn't seem real bad and can be workaround.

I'd appreciate highly any idea, comment or suggestion. This petition is cause I have to test an algo real-time, and quite frankly, the transition to NT8 is gonna take me some time to set all strategies.

Thanks in advance

Hello pstrusi,

I suggest to check if the issue persists when enabling the option shown in the video from Interactive Brokers under "See how to define an order preset to enable Outside RTH for all orders, by default." at the link below.
    You can instruct an order to continue to work after normal trading hours have ended by enabling Outside RTH (outside regular trading hours).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Jason but I worked with NT and IB several years ago with automated strategies, so I have all those settings on both platforms. I think that the issue right now could be cause IB requires some additional info, such as:
      - TimeInForce = Cbi.TimeInForce.Day; OR TimeInForce = Cbi.TimeInForce.Gtc;
      - All exchanges should be SMART
      - A specific, exactly the same configuration of GTC or DAY in both platforms. I've been playing with this and still no change.

If I hit the solution, I'll let you know

Comment

Jason, I got an important question !!

When GLOBEX and CME did the changes to futures contracts, such as: ES, MES, NQ, MNQ...etc, many changes were made, not only in symbol maps but also which exchange to select in order to get data and sending orders. Now I've been checking all default basic settings for these contracts, and I realize the surprise that the selected exchange is GLOBEX and not CME ???? how come?? So, is it globex the right exchange to route all orders? This is important and perhaps the key to solve this issue.

Please let me know what you know or find out about this.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Yes, futures instruments such as the ES, NQ, MES and MNQ need to have the Globex exchange setting enabled in NinjaTrader 7.

The Globex exchange option is also enabled for these instruments in NinjaTrader 8.

Globex is the electronic trading system from the CME where these futures instruments trade.

Comment

Jason, could you please confirm to me, what's the actual symbol map for ES and MES ?

Comment

The symbol map for the ES futures is: ES

The symbol map for the MES futures is: MES
              Attached Files

Comment

.Jason, Thanks for the info.

I'm aware that NT7 doesn't get support any longer, but I'd like to ask you something simple, it's about this message, and then my question:

"WARNING: Trigger Outside RTH was deprecated. Please upgrade your API Client software to submit order with Outside RTH attribute instead. 10316"

The part -> "....Please upgrade your API Client software..." , it refers to the API within NT7, or my IB-TWS api? Because I have all IB platforms upgraded.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I think it refers to NinjaTrader 7, but I'm not 100% sure. I suggest to contact Interactive Brokers for clarification as this error message comes from them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post JoMoon2024  
                  Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes