Rolling over to next quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling over to next quarter

When I roll over S & P mini to the next (ES 03-09) will Ninja still plot all my
    saved data or will that data have to be merged to the new contract month ?
    If so , where and how to do that . Thanks

You will need to manually merge the December data into the March contract. Please see the instructions at the link below to merge instruments.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah , now I remember , but this isn't working . It just says No day , minute,
      or tick data available .
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you please connect to your data feed provider and open up an ES 12-08 chart with the historical data you like to merge. Check if the chart displays all requested data.

If so, please try the merge once more and check if it is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please connect to your data feed provider and open up an ES 12-08 chart with the historical data you like to merge. Check if the chart displays all requested data.

If so, please try the merge once more and check if it is successful.
          Right now I'm only connected to TT , but when I open my group of ES 12-08
          charts ,they all plot just fine . One is a 405 minute chart going back 150 days.

Comment

I just tesed the same merge on my end and it merged successful.

Please remain connected to TT and perform the merge once more and check if it is successful.

Comment

Same problem . Does the snap shot look correct ?

Comment

The screenshot seems to be correct. However when I tested I used slightly different steps.

I see you set both 'Type:' to 'Future'. I have 'Default' selected (default instrument list) and select the ES 12-08 and 03-09 from there.

Please create both instruments in the Instrument Manager and add them to your default instrument.

Merge the data by selecting both instruments from 'Type:' 'Default' and check if it will merge.

Comment

Still not working . IIRC last time I had this problem I had to re download some
                  data because it just wasn't picking up stored data for some reason .??
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you please open up a new chart for the ES 12-08 while connected to Trading Technologies using an 1 minute interval. Please set the start date and last date to 9/9/2008 and 12/10/2008 respectively. Let me know if you display all data.

If so, please try the merge once more with the same settings as in the screenshot you posted.

If the error persists, please close NinjaTrader and send me your log and trace files. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20081211 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20081211 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

I can get minute charts from merged es data but not tick or volume charts, anyone else have this problem? ym and nq working fine. thanks (zen-fire)

Comment

Hello bobbethgoo,

Can you please tell me if you are connected to Zen-Fire when merging.

Create a tick chart for the ES 12-08 using the historical data you intend to merge while connected to Zen-Fire and check if all data is displayed.

Comment

Can you please open up a new chart for the ES 12-08 while connected to Trading Technologies using an 1 minute interval. Please set the start date and last date to 9/9/2008 and 12/10/2008 respectively. Let me know if you display all data.

If so, please try the merge once more with the same settings as in the screenshot you posted.

If the error persists, please close NinjaTrader and send me your log and trace files. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20081211 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20081211 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.
                          I was successful at bringing up a chart from start to finish dates .Still no
                          merge success . I will try again closer to market close so I can keep collecting /saving data for the day and then send the files .....

Comment

Hi T2020,

I will await your email and assist you from there.

Comment

Hello bobbethgoo,

Can you please tell me if you are connected to Zen-Fire when merging.

Yes

Create a tick chart for the ES 12-08 using the historical data you intend to merge while connected to Zen-Fire and check if all data is displayed.
                              well for some reason I can't now, loaded es 12-08 volume chart from 11-26-08 to today, it loads 11-26 till 12-3 , 12-3 to 12-10 is now blank.

yes connected to zen while merging

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Option Whisperer  
                              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view