Question about limit orders not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about limit orders not triggering

On two tickers I tested today, BIL and USFR, my limits do not trigger. Ever. Even when done with 1 share. Live, in simulation, or in playback. The price can literally be sitting on my limit as the seconds and minutes tick by and nothing happens. This same code works just fine on every other ticker I've tried it with.

What is going on?

My orders do get accepted, so it's not like the broker is rejecting my orders outright.

Is there something about these tickers that I could inspect via an NT8 API that would enable me to identify why these tickers can't be traded with limits?

Market orders work just fine when executed manually from the NT8 chart window.

Perhaps it's worth noting that these are both treasury ETFs. Yes, they are thinly traded, but I've confirmed through TradingView that there's more than enough volume to ensure that my limits should be hit eventually.

Is it possible that the volume I'm seeing is actually internal trades by the ETF management servers in response to movement in the treasuries, and not retail-side engagement of the ETF shares? So what appears to be enough volume to handle my limits is in fact near zero volume, from the external retail side? (I'm just wildly speculating here, not sure if this is even a thing.)
    ​

Please ignore this, just realized it somehow got posted to NinjaTrader 7 and not 8, which is what I'm using.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AaronKoRn  
    Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post carnitron