Connectivity problem with Interactive Brokers that I don't understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectivity problem with Interactive Brokers that I don't understand

I've done all upgrades to connect IB-TWS with NT-7. So far the connection and data work flawlessly, as always, even I've done all Algorithm simulations with sim101 account, and all are perfect. As you can imagine, all technical configuration has been done properly in TWS-IB and Ninjatrader desktop.

Now, I'm ready to deploy a new Algo that will work with my real Interactive Brokers account, as I've done many times in the past. So, when I activate it, all works well, but as soon as an order is generated and transmitted to IB, I receive this message that I don't understand cause I have all upgraded:

Trigger Outside RTH was deprecated. Please upgrade your API Client software to submit orders with Outside RTH attribute instead. 10316
    The TWS-IB version that I use is: Build 10.23.2a, Jun 15, 2023 4:54:18 PM
    Obviously, I have configured in TWS-IB that all orders outside RTH could be filled, so this is driving me nuts.

Can you please advise me, what I have to change? I think that maybe I would need to some a new API installation. Somehow I thought that API would be upgraded with the TWS new installation. Am I right?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by pstrusi; 10-27-2023, 04:59 AM.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.

Interactive Brokers connecting is no longer supported in NinjaTrader 7, only in NinjaTrader 8 (Desktop).
    It's also listed in our Connection Guide.

In order to download the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (Desktop) you will need to register as a NinjaTrader User, if you haven't done it yet.

Please follow the steps below to create a NinjaTrader user.
    • Navigate to the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
    • On the right select the link "Get Started"
    • Enter your email address and click "Sign Up"
    • Verify your email address
    • Create a username and password
    • Select "Simulation" and complete the form
    Once you have registered a username you may use the steps below to update to the latest version of NinjaTrader Desktop.
    • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
    • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
    • Next select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" Window on the main screen
    ​If you have a NinjaTrader License key with Interactive Brokers enabled as your broker, you will need to import your ​your license key, following these instructions: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

If you have further questions, please email us form the NinjaTrader platform (Help-> Email Support), so we can receive your log and trace files as well.
    Thank you!
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

- It's a pity that you don't support IB for NT7, one of the most used brokers.

- At this time, I'll try to solve my technical problem and stick with NT7. I'm not ready for NT8 yet. A long time ago was a memory nightmare.

Last edited by pstrusi; 10-27-2023, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I want to ask you something:

Ninjatrader platform has integrated within itself APIs, such as InteractiveBrokers, so in spite of I can upgrade my desktop API-IB version, it doesn't really upgrade the API version of the Ninjatrader platform?

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for the note.

NinjaTrader 7 is no longer receiving updates. So, it will be left with the last version of the API it was updated with.
          Unfortunately, Interactive Brokers connection is no longer supported in NinjaTrader 7 and there are no plans to update the adapters within it any further.

NinjaTrader 8 is still actively receiving new updates and if we find that the API adapter being used needs to be updated to maintain expected behavior, then our Development team would update it.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
          Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your clear answer Oxana. I have to manage the transition then.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes