Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to stabilize Connection on every reconnection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stabilize Connection on every reconnection?

Every time I disconnect and try to connect ninja again, it restart unstable, indicating “Connection Lost” and “Bad Input” in the Control Center Logs, losing the connection a few minutes after being reestablished.
    How have I solved it so far? I have to clear the Cache and restart the computer, but it only works sometimes and I have to repeat these steps several times

What I can do?​​

Hello arudloff,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

If the disconnects occur in such a regular pattern, I suspect a third-party application to be the culprit.

We have seen this behavior before when so-called "latency improvement programs" are being used. These programs (e.g. Killer Network or Dell Smartbyte) will interrupt the connection of 'less active' applications to free this bandwidth up for e.g. video games and online videos.

As real-time data has a very low bandwidth, these applications then consider our application idle and block the connection, which causes NinjaTrader to reconnect, restarting this cycle.

If you are aware of any such application being installed, please ensure NinjaTrader is added to the exception list or the application is uninstalled.

I would also recommend the following steps:
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router to reset the routing tables
    • Restart your PC to force a reconnection
    • Also, ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.
    Should you have any further questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses