Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Request an Alert when margins are adjusted for one-time events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request an Alert when margins are adjusted for one-time events.

[ This post has been moved to NT8 PTS, please delete this post and respond there].

The intraday margin requirements were adjusted today around the regular close today due to the impending NVidia earnings release. I confirmed with the trade desk that the risk management team decides when to adjust the margins. That's a great policy however I width there was some type of warning provided to the user in the app since the margin calculation within the app is not adjusted to account for the adjusted margins. The margin risk web page also does not indicate when these one-time events are occurring (but acknowledge that the web page in the past announces it for extended volatile periods).

Would it be possible that some type of live alert be sent to the app to notify users when the margins are adjusted for these types of events? It would be ideal if the app margin calculations would also take into account the dynamic margin changes but a simple alert would be hugely beneficial in itself. If the alert could be provided slightly in advance that would help as well (5m, 1h, 1d?).

Being suddenly out of buying power while in the middle of executing certain strategies can be quite devastating. I appreciate if you would please create a enhancement request for this concern.

From a conversation with the trade desk in the past, I understand that there is concern that by forewarning the user, he may take advantage of the upcoming margin reduction to initiate a large position before the event that would be grandfathered in since the margin adjustment allows open positions to remain (at least that is what I was told before). My intent is not to do that although I think if the warnings are given early enough (1d), that the grandfathering option could be removed and positions automatically closed that are over similar to what is done 15m before the close. Otoh, please consider that some longer term position have nothing to do with the news of the day and ideally would not be affected.

Thanks!
    Chris
    Last edited by crokusek2; 08-23-2023, 06:30 PM.

Hello crokusek2,

Thank you for the suggestion.
    There is currently a feature request for this item, and your vote has been added.
    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.Thank you again for the suggestion.
    Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes