Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused On How To Live Trade (IB)

Hi,

I am about to try live trading and am vert confused. i have a IB account and plan on trading through the chart trader in NT. Once I have the NT license do I just enter my IB account information and only login to my trading account through NT and trade as normal like I do in simulation? Or do I need to open up and run my IB tradestation account also? I really do not like the IB trading platform and it confuses me.

I guess what I am asking is once my connection is set up do I just use NT for my trading and once the account is set up with NT and IB do I only use the NT platform?

I recieved my IB account information and they sent me a security card which they say must be used to login each time to my IB account. Does this new security messure work with NT or is IB no longer compatible with IB because of this new login security?

and last, does anyone use the "free" IB data feed for real time quotes only? Or does everyone use a secondary feed such as Esignal or Barcharts, I used a barcharts feed for simulation, but now hooked up my free IB data feed into NT and it seems to work fine, I would like to save some money and dump the barcharts feed but do not know if this is a good idea...

any help from live day traders using NT and IB would be helpful as I am getting very confused on how to go about using all this to trade live each day...

Thanks for all help!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You will be trading as usual, only your trades placed in NinjaTrader will be fired in TWS. So you can use NT only, however TWS will be open as well.

NT is still compatible with IB with the new login security, you may just have to manually sign into TWS before connecting it with NinjaTrader.

You can use IB data only. To keep your data feed is up to you.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,

Thanks for the help,

Do I need to download the TWS onto my computer, I read in another post I need the "stand alone TWS" andf am unsure what they means...

Thanks again for any help

Comment

Hello,

Yes you will need to download TWS on your PC. Please see the IB connection guide at the link below where you can download the TWS version you will need and find instructions to setup the IB connection.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason

Thanks for the help Jason,

One last question, do you know if the TWS times out alot? I had this problem with my last broker, where every 5 minutes the ordering platform would time out of my login, if TWS does this is there a way around it/

Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

I suggest to contact IB support regarding this inquiry. I do not experience this behavior on my end with TWS upon being connected to IB in NinjaTrader.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok

Well I do not have the last problem, I was just curious if it is an issue, if you say it is not then it probably keeps you logged in...my last broker was not a direct access broker...

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post junkone
              by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              12 responses