NT7 32-bit starts but 64-bit doesn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 32-bit starts but 64-bit doesn't

Running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 22H2 with all updates current. Had a Windows BSOD and system restart a couple days ago while NT7 (64-bit) v43 was running, and I did not restart NT7 again until today. I don't know if that Windows crash event has anything to do with today's issue with NT7, but today I find that NT7 (64-bit) will not start. Tried it several ways, monitoring in Task Manager, and the 64-bit process fails to start. Uninstalled NT7 v43, rebooted, reinstalled v43, and the 64-bit process still will not start. I then tried the NT7 32-bit process, and it starts, connects, and runs normally. I also tried NT8 (64-bit) and it starts, connects, and runs normally. Any ideas why the NT7 64-bit process is failing to start?

Hello Lancer,

Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email and send it to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com". Put 'Att Jason, 03968192' in the subject field of your email.
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, I already reviewed log and trace files when first troubleshooting, and there are no line-items for the NT7 64-bit start attempts. NT7 64-bit doesn't start, so nothing is written to log and trace files.

Comment

I suggest to uninstall/re-install NinjaTrader 7 as per the instructions below.
        • Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the Documents folder in Windows.
        • Right click the "NinjaTrader 7" folder and select Rename. Name it "NinjaTrader 7 Old". This folder contains all your settings and data.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 in Windows.
        • Reinstall NinjaTrader 7 from the link below.
        • https://ninjatrader.com/support/requ...desktop-users/
        Check if you are now able to start NinjaTrader in 64bit.

If so, you can transfer items from the "NinjaTrader 7 Old" folder into the new "NinjaTrader 7" folder while NinjaTrader is shut down.

I suggest to restore 1 item at a time. Then check if you can still start NinjaTrader. I have included some file locations below.

Workspaces
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Database (ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data)
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf

Chart templates
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Chart

Market Analyzer templates
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->MarketAnalzyer

Other templates
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Strategy, Indicator, etc

Historical data
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->day/minute/tick folders

Market Replay data
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data

Indicators
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Indicator

Strategies
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Strategy

Comment

Hi,
          NinjaTrader_Jason All of a sudden, I started having the same problem as Lancer : N7 32-bit launches but not N7 64-bit. I backed up my folder, uninstalled and reinstalled NT 7, etc., and nothing has changed. Do you have any clues as to why this is happening? And a related question: because I have years of code in N7 and I still use it, is there a deadline for when NT7 will stop working and not being supported, etc?

Running Windows 11 home

Thank you

Comment

Hello pacpac,

There is currently no deadline for NinjaTrader 7. If there will be a deadline in the future, we will let clients know.

Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email.
            • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E). Then navigate to the "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
            • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com".
            • Put 'Att 03968192' in the subject header of the email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

The problem seems to be created by installation of the newer SQLite NT8 versions on a computer already having an existing NT7 installation. I just installed NT8 v8.1.1.7 on a second computer with NT7 already installed, and now NT7 on that computer will only run in 32 bit, not 64 bit. Clicking on the NT7 64bit executable results in no response whatsoever. This is the exact behavior seen on the first computer with the same configuration, reported above. Previously NT7 and NT8 (pre-SQLite) installations on the same computer did not interfere with each other, but it looks like they do now.

Comment

I have both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 installed on my end. I never experienced the issue of not being able to start NinjaTrader 7 after installing a NinjaTrader 8 version that uses the .sqlite database. I have installed NinjaTrader 8 anew many times while NinjaTrader 7 was still installed, but NinjaTrader 7 starts without issue in 64bit.

I will do some more testing. If I find a reproducible scenario, I will let you know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses