Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 7: "LogIn failed: Username or password is incorrect".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7: "LogIn failed: Username or password is incorrect".

I am an NT7 user and have a request for help here that concerns a friend of mine. He also uses NT7, and has AMP Futures as a broker with a CQG connection. He uses a direct live license from NT (as do I). We both have the latest NT7 version (...43)

Problem is that he continues to receive "LogIn failed: Username or password is incorrect".

We have tried resetting the username and password multiple times through AMP - however with no success sofar.

I then used my login credentials on his PC, and everything connected smoothly. BUT I am not using AMP but NTBrokerage with CQG. While my username was created and sent from CQG his user name was self-created through the AMP Client portal.

Log and Trace files from last attempt are included.

What else can we do? What else should we look at?

sandman

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Manfred; 07-23-2023, 05:12 PM. Reason: Removed the attached files for privacy reasons

Originally posted by sandman View Post
    I am an NT7 user and have a request for help here that concerns a friend of mine. He also uses NT7, and has AMP Futures as a broker with a CQG connection. He uses a direct live license from NT (as do I). We both have the latest NT7 version (...43)

Problem is that he continues to receive "LogIn failed: Username or password is incorrect".

We have tried resetting the username and password multiple times through AMP - however with no success sofar.

I then used my login credentials on his PC, and everything connected smoothly. BUT I am not using AMP but NTBrokerage with CQG. While my username was created and sent from CQG his user name was self-created through the AMP Client portal.

Log and Trace files from last attempt are included.

What else can we do? What else should we look at?
    Just fyi, servers could be down on purpose, since it is still
    before market open on a Sunday.

​Otherwise, doesn't AMP have a 24-hr help desk line?

If the issue persists after the market opens, I'd highly
    recommend calling AMP directly and inquiring with
    them for help.
    Last edited by bltdavid; 07-23-2023, 06:05 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello sandman,

Thank you very much for your message.

I have removed the attached text file, as the username and email therein could be used to potentially compromise the account.

In general, we suggest not sharing log & trace files through the forum directly. If in doubt, you can always reach us directly at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.

If you still experience any issues connecting to this account at this time, please email us directly at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Please also include the license key that is being used on the platform that encounters this issue. You may find this under Help > License Key.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
      Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks David. It's not a weekend problem but has been going on now for more than 3 weeks during which time my friend was also in contact with AMP however with no success. That's why I thought I'd ask NT to see if they can help. sandman

Comment

Manfred. Thank you for having removed the sensitive information. I will email Support directly when I have gotten the license key from my friend. Meantime another thought crossed my mind. Password conditions/requirements changed over the years. In the beginning of the Internet it was only letters and numbers. Meantime some require at least one capital letter, one number and one special character, etc.etc.

Creating the password at AMP requires at least 12 characters. BUT what about the compatability with NT7's software? In other words does NT7's software have any limitations of what it accepts as a password and what not in the Account creation window?

sandman
          PS: Manfred klingt Deutsch, richtig?

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Manfred. I have now emailed the license key being used to support at ninja dot com. I referenced this thread. Hope it arrives with you.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses