multiple licenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple licenses?

I currently face a problem accommodating the markets I trade as my computers, though new and fast, function best when I limit Ninja Trader to running three markets per computer. Unfortunately, I need to trade in seven markets, which means I need to use three of my workstations for Ninja Trader. So, I need some provision to make trades on each of the three machines because my license is apparently for only one machine. Can I be enabled some way to use multiple computers?
    Thanks!

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately this is not possible due to the fact that only one instance of a live license can be running simultaneously. What you can do is purchase a live license key per computer and have separate accounts with separate logins for the connections. If you were to do this your specified set-up would work to perfection.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
    The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!

Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
    Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
    Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month
    Learn more about our purchase options!
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

3 licenses?

So you are telling me to purchase three Ninja Trader licenses?

Comment

Hello Bill,

No, just presenting a scenario where this would be possible.

In order to run 3 separate instances of live trading NinjaTrader you would need 3 live licenses.

Comment

Does each license require its own unique brokerage acct?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
          Hello Bill,

No, just presenting a scenario where this would be possible.

In order to run 3 separate instances of live trading NinjaTrader you would need 3 live licenses.
          But you would also need 3 separate brokerage accounts, correct? Is there anyway to have a multi-machine license all hooked into the same brokerage account? If not, does NT offer any other way to effectively "scale" a trading strategy up. Performance becomes an issue after 'x' amount of instruments. For instance, I run strategies on 8 instruments at a time and want that strategy to run on its own dedicated PC. Then I want another 8 instruments on another PC to run another strategy. I want both PC's hooked into the same brokerage account. Is this possible by purchasing two live license keys, or do I need two live license keys AND two separate brokerage accounts? Thanks,

kc

Comment

multiple NT logins

You can have one account accommodating multiple NT logins.

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
              You can have one account accommodating multiple NT logins.
              Just to make sure I'm clear, I would have to get my broker to issue me multiple logins for the same brokerage account (I currently use Interactive Brokers)? Then each machine would login to IB with its own unique login, and then NT would connect to IB on each machine with its own unique live license?

So essentially, it is possible to run multiple computers on one brokerage account by buying a live NT license for each machine, and then by setting up a unique IB login for each machine. Please confirm. Thanks,

kc

Comment

Hello,

One license key can work for one broker technology only and you can only be logged into that technology once. However you can disconnect and reconnect using a different login/account connection, if that is desired. But it has to be the same broker technology.

What you get when you are connected is determined by the broker. Some brokers will offer many accounts with one log in. We will show all accounts that are available within one login at a time.
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

last year it was possible to login with two computers

last year it was possible to login with two computers to one zenfire account (mirus futures) and when placing orders they had the label "external"...

now this feature is somehow not working anymore as I always get this warning: DISCONNECT FORCED BY BROKER OR 2ND LOGIN.

I just wanted to double check if I did something wrong or has this important feature been turned off?

regards
                  tradereight

Comment

Hello Tradereight,

I recommend contacting Zen-Fire in regards to this connection inquiry as I can neither confirm or deny.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Option Whisperer  
                    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view