Running two strategies at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running two strategies at the same time

I want to automate two strategies at the same time. Actually the same strategy for two different contracts. I tried to do this and while I was in a trade generated by one strategy the second strategy triggered, but the order was canceled. The log said "strategy submitted an order that generated the following error 'order rejected' ", and the order was canceled. Log also said O GTC's must be submitted as limit or stop limit orders. What happened? Is it possible to run two at the same time?

Running simultaneous strategies do not interfere with each other. The error you are getting is related to whatever is happening in the strategy that generated that error. You will want to run with TraceOrders = true to find out what happened with your order.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't know what that means. I don't know anything about programming, that sounds like what you're saying. This same strategy works fine with the other contract. I don't understand what could be wrong when the only thing different is the contract.

Comment

Melcotran,

It is not using another contract that is causing the error. It is likely some unhandled case scenario in your strategy code that just happened to be realized on that particular contract. I suggest you contact the author of your strategy and see what they have to say about the case.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes