Stop and Reverse Stategy Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop and Reverse Stategy Problem

I've set up a simple Stop and Reverse strategy with a stop set at 8 ticks and the Rev button clicked. The strategy works fine using charttrader when I keep the original stop or move the stop around, and usually works when I hit the REV buttton prior to price hitting the stop.

The problem is sometimes after hitting the REV button, the stop (set @ 8 ticks) doesn't show up. My position is reversed, but no stop. Sometimes there's a stop, sometimes not.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Can you please tell me the exact settings of your stop strategy, so I test it on my end.

Am I correct you have "Rev at stop" or "Rev at target" enabled in your strategy and you manually click the REV-button as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Only "REV at Stop" is checked. The Stop, I have set to 8 ES ticks. Always works when I slide around the Stop using charttrader, but sometimes the Stop doesn't show up when I manually hit REV.

Comment

I would need your log file along with an estimated time the stop did not show when manually hitting the REV-button. That way I can investigate what exactly happened. I suspect an inflight execution could be the cause of the stop loss not being displayed.

You can find the log file at My documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->log, log.20081201 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

New to this program and not sure what you mean.

This problem occurs on both my computers. I'm really suprised noone else has noticed this problem in the past. If you start the sim with ES data using 1000V bars, you'll see it happen within just a few minutes. It usually happens after moving the stop line and then pressing REV.
          Last edited by Truth; 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Please send your log file to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for the date that reflects the occurence of the stop loss disappearing. If possible, could you please provide me an estimate time the stop disappeared as well.

Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

You can find the log file at My documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->log, log.20081209 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post emuns
            by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses